Page 17 of 968 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    It wasn't a smattering of audience members, it was pretty bad.

I've found that if I want to convince someone to see things my way, booing them for existing makes it a much harder climb.
    The audience booed him. It's not exactly something someone planned and considered. It's the kind of thing one person does and others join in.

The cast discouraged the booing and read a very polite, respectful statement saying that he, as vice president consider all Americans in his policy decisions.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    With this context:

http://www.snopes.com/mike-pence-sup...rsion-therapy/

This makes more sense:

So maybe too much emphasis is being placed on the electro-shock angle, but the fact is that in all of its forms, gay conversion therapy is barbaric and often encourages teen suicide, sometimes even deliberately. There is really no pass you get for trying to give these monsters money.

3. So Mrs. Trump is apparently not going to move into the White House with her hubby, choosing instead to stay in New York to raise her son Barron. This of course is going to cause huge problems for the secret service who will have to cover her as well. I hope all those conservatives who decry government waste all the time can find their voice and demand that Mrs Trump not be protected if she's not going to live with POSOTUS.

4. She's probably sick of all his whining. He complained about SNL's skit on him last night, and threw a jab at Hamilton again. Only this time, Alec Baldwin answered right back:

Quote Originally Posted by Tangerine Dream
    Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump

I watched parts of @nbcsnl Saturday Night Live last night. It is a totally one-sided, biased show - nothing funny at all. Equal time for us?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alec Baldwin
    @realDonaldTrump
    Equal time?
    Election is over. There is no more equal time. Now u try 2 b Pres + ppl respond. That's pretty much it.

A) Hamilton is a fucking amazing show, you heathens

B) Fuck Melania. My office is a few blocks from Trump tower. Not looking forward to the daily clusterfucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-mean...cow-1479406179

Interesting article about one of the minds behind moscow right now.

It is sad that the right and alt right can't figure out that Russia has infiltrated them.

This shit right here:

is fucking Russian propaganda.
    Why are you guys ignoring this? This is the real story.

I'm ignoring it because it's behind a paywall.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    So Mrs. Trump is apparently not going to move into the White House with her hubby, choosing instead to stay in New York to raise her son Barron. This of course is going to cause huge problems for the secret service who will have to cover her as well. I hope all those conservatives who decry government waste all the time can find their voice and demand that Mrs Trump not be protected if she's not going to live with POSOTUS.
    The Washington Post article made it clear that they will move in the summer, after their son finishes the school year. I know plenty of people (to include government employees) who move ahead of their families so as not to cause a major interruption. All this straw-grasping is starting to reek of desperation.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

9. Dude I'm not even American, I grasp no straws. I simply sit above you all and cast judgement.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    She's probably sick of all his whining. He complained about SNL's skit on him last night, and threw a jab at Hamilton again. Only this time, Alec Baldwin answered right back
    How have they not figured out to drop this? Literally nothing learned.