Page 181 of 968 FirstFirst ... 167177179180181182183185195 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    The world? Some libertarian you are! You'll forgive me for all my criteria coming from only countries Obama was president of, I hope.
    That's... more of an isolationist take than I would have expected from you, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    The pot calling the kettle black.
    How so? I identify as a libertarian, but I'm not very good at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

2. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Except Obama did and Trump didn't.

Shall we compare the trajectory of employment rates at the start of each's presidency? Or the deficit? Severity or breadth of foreign entanglement? Rate of violent crime? Name your measure.
    Also Obama didn't complain, he actually did shit about it.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    That's... more of an isolationist take than I would have expected from you, that's for sure.
    Changes in the Eventhubs National Strong Guy Tier List don't compel me as much as the criteria I mentioned, no.It's weird to blame Obama for China's "strength" relative to the US's. China deregulated the hell out of their market, took to cheap immigrant labor, and made money. Dunno what that has to do with Obummer. And that you'd bring up Russia's relative position of strength as though Trump intends to do anything about it is just weird given current events.

And if you want to talk about safety and strength, Obama did get the gig after the administration under which we got 9/11'ed.

4. Obama ridicules Romney for concerns over Russia? Russia invades Crimea.

Obama mockingly refers to ISIS as the "JV team?" They go pro.

Obama touts a "soft/smart power" approach to China? China builds military airstrips on artificial islands in the middle of shipping lanes.

Trust me, I would love nothing more than to be a staunch isolationist. But time and again, we see the world turn to shit when Uncle Sam is flaccid (this is the part where I suck at libertarianism).
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

5. https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2017/0...cy-protections

The repeal passed congress today, so this is a thing now. Not like anyone had real privacy on the internet to begin with, but now the doors are blown wide open. Your internet activity will legally be recorded, manipulated, and traded.

6. There's a GoFund me to buy Congress' internet activity so it can be published.

7. Aka oh hey we couldn't figure out how to do that so we kept the cash
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. I bought congressbrowserhistory.com and am working on starting an advertising agency to buy the browsing data and extract their history to post on the site.

If anyone has good data discovery skills or knows anyone who does, let me know.

9. Quote Originally Posted by koda View Post
    https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2017/0...cy-protections

The repeal passed congress today, so this is a thing now. Not like anyone had real privacy on the internet to begin with, but now the doors are blown wide open. Your internet activity will legally be recorded, manipulated, and traded.
    And of course, the only reason any politician would vote to approve such a horrible thing is if they were in the pocket of anyone who would stand benefit from it. This country fucking sucks.

10. Even someone who liked Obama in general should be able to acknowledge his foreign policy was a goddamn trainwreck. He was legitimately awful and left the US in a weaker place than when he started. And coming from Dubya I thought that was impossible.