Page 191 of 968 FirstFirst ... 177187189190191192193195205 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. It's a good time to be alt-right. The left is in full-bananas mode and no sign of turning back. Time to re-visit the Rules for Rulers.

"Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    It still confuses me that China allies with NK. The west has done so much to help China. And NK has done so little. Is helping NK really worth damaging their economy?
    China doesn't want a strongly pro-America country with a US military presence sitting on the Yalu River. North Korea acts as a buffer.

South Korea isn't terribly interested in reunification, and this is particularly prominent among the younger generation. If you ask about reunification in general, you'll get a positive response. If you ask something more specific, like reunification within the next five years, they become much more noncommittal. For practical purposes, they're uninterested. It's a nice idea, but not a real priority.

The Jonger is the real wild card. Growing up, he went to a private school in Switzerland. He's experienced the outside world and isn't a true believer in the Juche kool-aid, but he's far more draconian than pops. It boggles the mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

No one is going to want to reunite with china until the lost generation is dead and out of power.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    No one is going to want to reunite with china until the lost generation is dead and out of power.
    Reunification meaning North Korea and South Korea.

And,

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    China doesn't want a strongly pro-America country with a US military presence sitting on the Yalu River. North Korea acts as a buffer.
    I think that this is the biggest factor when it comes to China/NK.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post

South Korea isn't terribly interested in reunification, and this is particularly prominent among the younger generation. If you ask about reunification in general, you'll get a positive response. If you ask something more specific, like reunification within the next five years, they become much more noncommittal. For practical purposes, they're uninterested. It's a nice idea, but not a real priority.

The Jonger is the real wild card. Growing up, he went to a private school in Switzerland. He's experienced the outside world and isn't a true believer in the Juche kool-aid, but he's far more draconian than pops. It boggles the mind.
    I really don't think the buffer is as big a thing as it used to be. The US isn't really China's enemy anymore. It may be in the future, actually it probably will, but whether or not the pro-American country is on Yalu or the DMZ doesn't matter too much IMO.

Nobody is a true believer in Juche. But you have to pretend because if you don't, you will be thrown in a gulag and break rocks until you die of hunger. All Communist regimes eventually devolve into this sort of farce.

6. "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Do they not realize the damage this list does? 10 alone is like some kind of social justice Nuke.

What incentive does any ruling class have for improvement if the problem is not fixable?
    Welcome to progressive activism today.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Reportedly a quarter of Pyongyang was ordered to evacuate this morning(?).

9. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Do they not realize the damage this list does? 10 alone is like some kind of social justice Nuke.

What incentive does any ruling class have for improvement if the problem is not fixable?
    It's really gross to me, because I grew up in a conservative, religious environment that I really don't ever want to go back to, and I see these social groups using the same tactics.

Personally, I tried for a really long time to be facebook friends with a colleague who posted like 20 times a day with SJW crap. I would occasionally make a polite, moderate comment, but I eventually gave up when I started seeing posts about "moderate liberals". If it's not from their echo chamber, it's not worth listening to. So now I've hidden their posts and there is no dialogue, because I would prefer to keep a professional relationship rather than risk discussing these things and making a faux pas.

10. ohhh yeah i cant deal with the "moderate liberals r evil" nonsense, that loses me. No, moderate liberals are the only hope anyone has to make a difference in this godforsaken country.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread