Page 20 of 968 FirstFirst ... 61618192021222434 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. The guy responding to, as diff described, an ambush is the one trying to pick a fight?

2. The cast can only be culpable for the casts' actions. The crowd was aware of him and booed him well before any statement was made, and the statement actually told them to lay off. It was a bit of an ambush by definition, but the content was the exact opposite of turning the crowd against him.

You don't want people to voice their concerns at you, maybe don't take a job in representative government. You don't want to be booed by liberals when you walk among them, maybe stop antagonizing their causes.

3. I only want to see people doing unto others.

4. For real, it is very much like if Hillary Clinton went to a Monster Truck rally in West Virginia. She'd be well aware of the optics of that, and if they came out at the end and asked her politely not to take their guns, I don't think she'd be crying the next day about how they attacked her.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I only want to see people doing unto others.
    Then you should probably be dry-heaving at Mike Pence's stances on social issues.

6. I must have missed the tweet or statement Pence made "crying" about it. Everything I've read stated he made no comment.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    Then you should probably be dry-heaving at Mike Pence's stances on social issues.
    Someone's eventually going to have to take the higher road, or we will be bottle necked forever. I'd think liberals would be of the mind more inclined to do so, or at least I keep hearing they are...havent really seen it yet. But I admittedly don't pay a whole lot of attention to politics.

8. Democrats are much more easily swayed to compromise towards Republican causes than the opposite, and they're much more likely to drop political ammo once people show signs of tiring of it. Repubs on the other hand will drag that shit around for years until their base can chant it on demand.

They've played nice plenty. That's their problem, really. Nice never turns into fuel at the polls like mean does.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    The guy responding to, as diff described, an ambush is the one trying to pick a fight?
    Pence gave the proper politician response the next day. Trump's immediate response on twitter was the problematic one.

10. Trumps response on twitter seems pretty intelligent as this is all we are discussing.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life