Page 2 of 968 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Spelling and all.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    (Please do what you can to push the term limits and block the environment scrapping - this includes voting out your Congress reps in 2018)
    He's rushing through the con too fast, btw. He needs to wait until he's inaugurated to start flipping on stuff.

He *really* should say something about the hate attacks. That's something he can do now.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Is that an exact quote?
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Spelling and all.
    Leave Mitch alone. He's one of those Lovecraftian fish people from Shadow Over Innsmouth. They didn't get good educations.

Can trump fire any of these people he is putting in his cabnit?

They may be in for a rude awakening if he plans to turn this like a modern company. He could put pressure on them for results with little guidance on his part, and when they fail, just fire them.

4. To be accurate with proper transcription:
    http://www.npr.org/2016/11/09/501451...first-100-days

On Wednesday, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell mostly made nice with Trump but also shot down or expressed little enthusiasm in some of his plans. On Trump's proposal to impose term limits on Congress, McConnell said, "It will not be on the agenda in the Senate." McConnell has been a long-standing opponent of term limits, as NPR's Susan Davis reports. "I would say we have term limits now — they're called elections."

Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    "I would say we have term limits now — they're called elections."
    what do we call the set up for president then?

6. A farce.
    Boo, Hiss.

7. "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

8. Y'know... I don't think we'll actually see another Scalia. It's not like Trump gives a shit about social conservatism beyond its usefulness for riling up the rubes. I think he'll nominate one or two to appease the Rs, they'll get filibustered, McConnell will bluster about the nuclear option but not follow through because he knows damn well what a calamity that would mean for his side in 2-4 years, and then Trump will cut a deal with D leadership to approve another Anthony Kennedy right on money/left on sex swing vote (maybe even Merrick Garland, how delicious would that be?) in exchange for backing down on, say, his Obamacare modifications (hilarious how quickly that went from "we're gonna throw it out, it's gone day one" to "we're gonna fix it, keep all the popular parts and replace the parts people don't like with something fabulous, and it'll happen at the same time").

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

Nobody really knows what is going to happen but it's going to be bad for immigrants and the environment and middle America.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

10. Why is it going to be bad for immigrants?