Page 390 of 968 FirstFirst ... 376386388389390391392394404 ... LastLast
Results 3,891 to 3,900 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    There is no legal way, unless you're relatively affluent and educated.
    You mean you have to actually offer something in return for all of the benefits you're asking to receive? What a concept!

I feel like people are just being purposefully dense about this. If rule of law is important, then part of that is setting rules and standards that are reasonable. Our immigration rules are presently very unreasonable and that's created problems. There needs to be a legal alternative to illegal immigration and there simply isn't in most cases.
    Sounds like a job for Congress.

2. #1, this in no way is similar to robbing a bank.

#2, estate taxes are largely there because more than 50% of the money in those estates being taxed consist of unrealized capital gains. And the tax is only on estates larger than 5.45 million.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    You mean you have to actually offer something in return for all of the benefits you're asking to receive? What a concept!
    The Dreamers are actually offering a lot to our economy, if they're driven out it's going to be fairly devastating.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Sounds like a job for Congress.
    Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    The Dreamers are actually offering a lot to our economy, if they're driven out it's going to be fairly devastating.
    Yeah, I've read that propaganda too. Tell it to the parents of those some of them have murdered.

There is exactly one reason Obama tried to circumvent the law for these people, and it had nothing to do with compassion. It was to create more voters enslaved by the government, period.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    If a guy robs a bank and plans to use the proceeds of his crime to pay for his kid's college, is that cool with you?
    ... The guy should go to jail and the kid shouldn't. The guy should be on the hook for restitution and the kid shouldn't.

Not sure what point this was supposed to make.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 06 Sep 2017 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    ... The guy should go to jail and the kid shouldn't. The guy should be on the hook for restitution and the kid shouldn't.

Not sure what point this was supposed to make.
    The kid cannot benefit from the parent's crime.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Yeah, I've read that propaganda too. Tell it to the parents of those some of them have murdered.

There is exactly one reason Obama tried to circumvent the law for these people, and it had nothing to do with compassion. It was to create more voters enslaved by the government, period.
    And THAT is what propaganda looks like right there folks. Those Dreamers, just a bunch of murderers that have added nothing to the economy.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post

lol this post jesus fucking christ

10. You need a spotless criminal record to qualify for DACA. You're going full Hannity now.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    The kid cannot benefit from the parent's crime.
    The court wouldn't ask the kid to pay back or somehow give back his education though. If the guy stole a loaf of bread and gave it his kid, nobody is asking the kid to puke it up or pay restitution.

You're proving the point you're trying to refute.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 06 Sep 2017 at 11:55 AM.