Page 399 of 968 FirstFirst ... 385395397398399400401403413 ... LastLast
Results 3,981 to 3,990 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. The Trump Presidency

There's another 3rd person book that is probably way better. Want to read it, have not yet.

I'm not surprised Clinton doesn't get it. In 2008 she was criticized for acting like she was owed the nomination. At the start she claimed she would fight for every vote but once things got rolling... she acted like she was owed it. The blurbs about her anger when people said they didn't vote is very telling. Bottom line is she lost to two men who went out there and fought for votes while she sat back and basked in rich guy celebrity glow.

2. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    The second she started using that terrible "Better Together" slogan that completely failed in Brexit, I started to get worried.
    I didn't think Numbnuts stood the slightest chance. Then I watched the DNC.

But I'd already tripled down on, "DER HILARY NEXT PREZ I'M NEVER WRONG," so it was too late to be like, "She's gonna blow it," to people who were freaking out about Goldenshowers45.

EDIT: Totally forgot to say, she's an assclown. I know people are all, "Stop telling her to go away!" but I really want her to go away. My "ism" is ageism, though. She's too old. Not that the current office holder is any better in that regard, mind you. Hopefully he goes away, too.
    Last edited by Calliander; 15 Sep 2017 at 11:58 PM.

3. She's not going to be a factor in the next election. She might run but she won't run unopposed this time. The Democrats cleared the decks this time because of the assumption that she was owed and wouldn't it be nice to have the first female president etc. Next time Biden, maybe Michelle Obama if she gets talked into it, and then who knows. Maybe Al Gore. lol. Democrats need to find someone to run. Bernie is already older than dirt.

He could still win if his running mate isn't a joke.

Hell, McCain would have probably beat Obama had he not been shackled to that clown.

5. As is evidenced by the clown in the White House, the clown was not the problem you think it was.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    She's not going to be a factor in the next election. She might run but she won't run unopposed this time. The Democrats cleared the decks this time because of the assumption that she was owed and wouldn't it be nice to have the first female president etc. Next time Biden, maybe Michelle Obama if she gets talked into it, and then who knows. Maybe Al Gore. lol. Democrats need to find someone to run. Bernie is already older than dirt.
    If Michelle Obama runs, it would essentially be a vote for Barack... and I love that idea. A former president as FMOTUS would be nice. Even Al Gore sounds good about now.

So Trump's approval rating is 37%. I can see the Jan. 2021 headline on USA Today: "America to Trump: YOU'RE Fired!". *lays ten $25,000 chips, neatly stacked, on the space marked "Trump clearing out his desk to make way for the Democrat challenger" *

CNN has a good read about the fake pro-Trump news machine in Veles, Macedonia.
    One guy by the name of Mikhail has raked in beaucoup bucks by posting fake news stories favoring Trump. His alter ego "Jesica" had been posting pro-Trump memes on Facebook. It's not like I care for Facebook or anything, but at least they try to crack down on the fake news flow. So does Google. If this bullshit from Veles did influence the election, it's a shame.

7. Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude
    It's not like I care for Facebook or anything, but at least they try to crack down on the fake news flow.
    Uh, Facebook's big thing during the election was that they didn't make any attempt whatsoever to crack down on fake news, and disingenuously dismissed any suggestion that their platform might influence people's political opinions as ridiculous.

Which of course didn't stop them from selling $100K worth of ad buys for their non-influential platform to Russian accounts.

8. The Trump Presidency

It's not Facebook's job to crack down on "fake news", which the NYT and CNN defines as anything that isn't on NYT and CNN. I also don't care who they sell ad space to, they're a shithole company but they all are.

9. We've got a president that literally defined fake news as any news that doesn't kiss his ring and Fox News flaunts their bias like a flocked neon dreamcoat. Every source is guilty of defining 'fake news' to their own bias a bit, but there's clearly one side here that has very aggressively co-opted the term for their own misuse.
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 16 Sep 2017 at 09:18 AM.

10. If anyone refers to anything as fake news I immediately discount everything else they say afterward. It means nothing now, like describing something as being for hipsters or telling someone they're a snowflake, and only serves to indicate that the person is easily manipulated.