Page 3 of 968 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Why is it going to be bad for immigrants?
    This is very important. My wife is an immigrant on a green card. If Trump has adverse plans for lawful immigrants, I really need to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

2. He has literally said nothing about legal immigrants except that he welcomes them here.

3. It's tough to talk policy when you only see headlines.

This is also a mistake. I don't want that stupid wall, but what a terrific bargaining chip in leverage for deals. He already put the burden on Mexico, leave it there until NAFTA is renegotiated with a $150/h peso minimum wage.

"Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    He has literally said nothing about legal immigrants except that he welcomes them here.
    He has talked about ending certain visas.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    This is very important. My wife is an immigrant on a green card. If Trump has adverse plans for lawful immigrants, I really need to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    He has literally said nothing about legal immigrants except that he welcomes them here.
    Yall miss the part where he's going to void legal shit if countries don't take back immigrants that do illegal shit?

6. The Trump Presidency

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    He has talked about ending certain visas.
    Which is legal.

Most of these shits are just ways for companies to not pay American workers. Good paying middle class jobs. Fuck the H1B program.
    Last edited by Diff-chan; 13 Nov 2016 at 12:15 PM.

Whatever illegals not legal immigrants.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Which is legal.
    Right. But if you can accept the premise that someone here on a visa is a legal immigrant, then you can't say

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    He has vowed to cancel visas to countries who won't "take back" the people we deliver to them. It's in his first 100 days policy. Students are terrified by this.

I guess the intent is for them and their families to put pressure on their government to change and take the criminals back.

The thing is, that sort of thinking rarely works. The allies bombed civilians during ww2 hoping the civilians would force a change in their government. They never made that change and it is debatable how much the average German could do without being shot.

But hey, it should be some good ammo for anti-american rhetoric abroad.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    It's tough to talk policy when you only see headlines.
    Thiiiiis. I'm in defense mode based on things that have come out of Trump's mouth, but he hasn't done shit yet. It's fine for the media to speculate because it's their job to speculate, but the rollercoaster of emotions that come from each click bait headline is wearing thin on me already.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread