Page 439 of 968 FirstFirst ... 425435437438439440441443453 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,390 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post

This isn't guaranteed but it seems like Texas could have been prevented by maybe a smidge more diligent office workers or whoever handles the reporting that would have prevented the kid from getting firearms.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...umn/856797001/

^ This, too.
    You are being extremely charitable. This isn't about someone doing their job a smidge better. This is about an entire institution failing the people who pay them, rely on them, and expect better.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    You are being extremely charitable.
    My dad is Air Force. He's got spider sense if I say anything that could be perceived as a slight against them anywhere. You're never too old for an ass whipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    Whatever term you want to use: Manipulation, cloying, pandering... It bothers me equally from any angle. In that most recent John Oliver he went over the whole "whataboutism" stuff. Fox & Friends uses that crap all of the time. It sets off my alarms and is like the first thing on the list of any person claiming to be conservative and trying to debate something these days.

I'm finally catching up on Homeland's sixth season and there's a part where Quinn is laying in bed, despondent, listening to some Alex Jones-style demagogue on the radio. Maddow uses the same vocal pacing, emphasis, and phrasing. Just because she's covering a topic I'm sympathetic toward doesn't change that, for example, my mother in-law just gobbles it up and repeats it like the gospel and gets worked up and gets her hopes up for no real reason. It's still reality TV-esque.

I'm not trying to be rude here: You can't possibly believe that. The man knows 100% what he's doing. I can't tell you the road he's on, nor the destination, but his oratory style is deliberate. That has to be apparent, right? You and I listen to him speak, and John Oliver gets his rocks off having someone read it without inflection, and we cringe. But that shit is catnip to the intended audience. We are not that audience.
    Who is his audience? Sloth from the goonies?

Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Corruption would be a poor excuse not to pass regulations.
    I wonder if people said that in Russia in regards to Lennon and Stalin.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Who is his audience? Sloth from the goonies?
    Basically. I mean, I only have the small sample size of some family members and people from high school, but the behavior is uniform so I'm comfortable with that.

HEY YOU GUYS

7. Trump Best Boi

Attached Images Attached Images
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

8. I would vote for Jeb's guac bowl before Marco. That dude is a lightweight affirmative action hire getting propped up his entire career. His wife is pretty hot at least.

9. The way he walked directly in to the talking robot thing Trump laid down ahead of him was remarkable. “Look there he goes again!”

10. So Trump tweets that Time Magazine called and told him they wanted him to be Person of the Year again, and that he turned it down. Then Time said that never happened, and that they don't even announce their pick until early December.

The man is so childishly retarded.