Page 495 of 968 FirstFirst ... 481491493494495496497499509 ... LastLast
Results 4,941 to 4,950 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Companies will use the cash they bring back to raise dividends and buy-backs. Capital investments is demand based, not regulatory based. But I don't expect politicians to understand this.

Oh, they all understand it. They just don't care and are lying to the public.

3. but "family values" and "fiscal responsibility"

I love how people are celebrating getting 500 dollars back when they'll pay more for services/healthcare...and later they will pay more money in taxes period

But that will be when the Dems are in power, so then it'll be back to the same shit. Dems fixing it, GOP ruining it. Hopefully it can stick in 2018 and beyond. Even the GOP has conceded that they will lose, as evidenced by Corker's phrase "cashing out". But whatever, stick it to the black president and them darn libs
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 20 Dec 2017 at 02:23 PM.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca
    I’d rather pay more tax than see people unable to get healthcare though.
    Agreed. Also, the tax savings from the bill look marginal anyway. A 2.7% decrease on taxes for one earning $40K-75K? Not impressive. Healthcare cost increases thanks to the Obamacare individual mandate repeal could wipe out that money and then some. Those who voted for the bill certainly DGAF about the public.

5. Explain to me how, if roughly half the country is against this shit and if its as bad as people keep saying, enough of the other half wont retaliate and put these assholes out on their ears come next election?
    Joe Bob, Elliot, and Phineas can pontificate about guns, abortions, and bootstraps all they want; but the rubber meets the road when you start fucking with people’s money.
    If this is going to hurt everyone but the top 5% of the top 1% then what’s to keep it all from being repealled or overturned on the next round?

6. Also: BUT HER EMAILS

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...doj-fbi-310121

I love how the Republicans are basically siding with Russia. Let that sink in, RUSSIA. Keep it coming

'but the black man wanted spicy mustard on his hamburger'
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 20 Dec 2017 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Explain to me how, if roughly half the country is against this shit and if its as bad as people keep saying, enough of the other half wont retaliate and put these assholes out on their ears come next election?
    Joe Bob, Elliot, and Phineas can pontificate about guns, abortions, and bootstraps all they want; but the rubber meets the road when you start fucking with people’s money.
    If this is going to hurt everyone but the top 5% of the top 1% then what’s to keep it all from being repealled or overturned on the next round?
    I guess it really depends on how many of the middle voters turn on the repubs for this. The base is going to vote teambase regardless. Their guy could come to their house, fuck their wife in the ass with no lube, and they'd shrug "at least Hillary didn't fuck you in the ass"

8. I feel that may be true for the extreme right.
    I also feel that the extreme right is a minority, just as the extreme left is.

I never in my life thought my dad would vote Democrat, yet Obama got his vote. Twice. Had the Democrats put forth any candidate other than crooked Hilary they would have gotten his vote a third time as well.

I don't know if the extreme right is a minority. I haven't met many irl republicans that aren't climate change deniers or don't support the tax bill.

10. I wouldn't expect many to live in LA.