Page 501 of 968 FirstFirst ... 487497499500501502503505515 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,010 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by AstroBlue View Post
    Look up the “2008 Chinese milk scandal”, the weird communist-capitalist hybrid they are leads to crazy corruption and horrible things, if the company that was putting melamine in baby powder wasn’t minority owned by the NZ milk giant Fonterra, it would have been covered up and more babies would have died.

On the social pure capitalist side, look up the “2013 horse meat scandal”, the ridiculous layering of sub-contracts and suppliers in advanced capitalism means brand =/= product, which makes consumer advocacy a hard thing to do.

Humans just kinda suck regardless.
    Yes, that's the point of American Democracy. The founding wasn't based on some human utopian ideal. It was based solely on a group of people in power won't be able to do THAT MUCH at any one time to become tyrannical. That's probably the number one reason people argue against expanded government.

EDIT: I just caught up on the Trump tweets to N. Korea. WTF dude. DE-escalate. Right after the lulz Fake News Media awards tweet too (which is gold).

Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    IP: Why who is in NK?

Personally I think he's going to have a massive aneurysm ala Scanners when Meuller gets a judge to issue a warrant for his arrest.
    They ain't got shit, pal. The whole Meuller lying stuff from awhile back all but confirmed that's about the best they had at the time.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 03 Jan 2018 at 02:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

2. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    In a few years the US will no longer be a major player in the world
    With or without trump, that should be "THE major player", which we won't be.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

3. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Right after the lulz Fake News Media awards tweet too (which is gold).
    Here's the "poll" that helped determine the winner, with the answers I sent in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-12-28 at 11.08.32 AM.png 
Views:	55 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	81027   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-12-28 at 11.09.56 AM.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	129.4 KB 
ID:	81028  

4. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I feel like we're going to wake up to the news that he's been shot, or to the news an a-bomb has gone off.

I root every day for the former, though I am certain it could be the latter.
    I'm really looking forward to the day when the first thing I do every morning is something other than check the news to see if one of these has happened.

I remember reading a book or showering or eating breakfast and not checking my phone for an hour or longer in the morning. Feels like another lifetime ago.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    Here's the "poll" that helped determine the winner, with the answers I sent in.
    Are you serious? I don't know which is worse, the tweet or the poll.

It's definitely the poll, because a tweet would take maybe 30 seconds to type.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Are you serious? I don't know which is worse, the tweet or the poll.

It's definitely the poll, because a tweet would take maybe 30 seconds to type.
    They send out a lot of dumb shit like this. It's all mongoloid speak, too, even though the emails come from "Mike Pence" or "Eric Trump" or "Newt Gingrich."

I've noticed that the volume of emails corresponds with how much trouble he appears to be in, as well. (Most messages are some form of "give me money".)

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I'm really looking forward to the day when the first thing I do every morning is something other than check the news to see if one of these has happened.

I remember reading a book or showering or eating breakfast and not checking my phone for an hour or longer in the morning. Feels like another lifetime ago.
    You'll probably never stop. I think that's how everyone starts. Something horrible happens and you start checking news sites and it just becomes a habit.

I almost started with the Vegas shooting because dude was too weird and I wanted to know more. Thankfully checking cnn never replaced my morning ritual of checking for tank parts.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    They send out a lot of dumb shit like this. It's all mongoloid speak, too, even though the emails come from "Mike Pence" or "Eric Trump" or "Newt Gingrich."

I've noticed that the volume of emails corresponds with how much trouble he appears to be in, as well. (Most messages are some form of "give me money".)
    If the Democrats are the party of mama’s tit and Republicans the party of father’s discipline, how the fuck have they behaved like babies for the past 20 years?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

9. 20?

10. I think GHWB was respectable. Reagan may have started this bullshitpie mess though.

Newt definitely started the real shitshow we see today.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt