Page 513 of 968 FirstFirst ... 499509511512513514515517527 ... LastLast
Results 5,121 to 5,130 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I like how this post is immediately after Frogacuda pointing out that the shithole part is not the problem.
    It totally isn't, but every news organization in the western world seems to be missing that point, so Andrew isn't alone.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    The south is a shithole. What of it?
    The five years I was stuck in Shreveport, I might've used "shithole" if I was feeling charitable that day. Usually, it was something far worse.

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Like Haiti?

Yeah, Andrew, Trump is talking about non-white people, so any word he uses is racist.
    That's where the double standard comes into play. The essence of the open-borders/pro-amnesty argument is that the countries being fled are shitholes, and accepting these immigrants is the only humane thing to do. Seems like a missed opportunity for the easy layup. Meanwhile, I tuned to CNN and heard "shithole" 3 times in the first minute alone. They're acting like a child who knows they can get away with a dirty word this one time because it's contextually acceptable, and they're going to get as much mileage of it as they can.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

3. This just in, x-rays from Andrew's doctor.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	homer-brain.png 
Views:	42 
Size:	253.7 KB 
ID:	81034  
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    The five years I was stuck in Shreveport, I might've used "shithole" if I was feeling charitable that day. Usually, it was something far worse.
    Frogacuda already made this point, but it's worth repeating.

The problem is not that Trump said a bad word. The problem is that Trump is a racist, and this statement proves it.

Suck it up.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

5. bbobb, keep it civil.

6. I will as soon as Andrew stops being purposely obtuse just to be a dick. There's no reason to be civil with blatant trolling.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. Quote Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
    Frogacuda already made this point, but it's worth repeating.

The problem is not that Trump said a bad word. The problem is that Trump is a racist, and this statement proves it.

Suck it up.
    Everybody is racist to some extent, though. That's not shocking in and of itself. People knew they were getting President Archie Bunker, and they preferred that prospect to President Hillary Clinton.

Rather than give Bernie (or any other challenger) a fair shot at the nomination, your party made it a coronation ceremony for her royal highness. Now you get to enjoy the consequences. You get to enjoy all of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

8. See. Trolling.

9. TNL's a shithole
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    TNL's a shithole
    This I can agree with.