Page 814 of 968 FirstFirst ... 800810812813814815816818828 ... LastLast
Results 8,131 to 8,140 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Meh, most people that put their own well being at risk for an ideal are a bit off. Or so self centered that they will risk bodily harm to preserve their moral ego.

Humble heroes from the center are few are far between.

2. Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    I get why they chose her, and, this time they go a little more subtle with CA moving up the primary to pick Harris, but that shouldn't preclude her from, you know, putting in some work. On paper, she should have won.

The reality of "I'm a woman, not trump, never have done anything wrong and don't need to out in the ground work Obama did" was just bad.

The DNC and Clinton bear the brunt of the responsibility for Trump.

Feckless wonderturds.
    I’m unsure. I mean I agree with you that she didn’t put the work in that a campaigning candidate should have. I’m just not convinced she’d of gotten elected if she had. The Clinton Foundation stuff alone was pretty shitty (esp. anyone worried about foreign influence ie. the probers). So many errors.

Trump is a charismatic speaker. He says things that are bad, but funny. He spins 1/10 of truth in to a narrative that keeps him relevant and he’s shameless. Not an easy opponent for an honest person to handle. If you can even find an honest politician.

Trump is not a charismatic speaker under any definition of the word.

4. That’s disingenuous IMO. He is completely captivating. Even those who dislike him (myself included) it’s generally a love to hate him kinda thing.

I feel any strategy that takes him down needs to acknowledge and anticipate that.

Captivating is not the word I'd use for watching an old man play in his own excrement.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    He spins 1/10 of truth in to a narrative that keeps him relevant and he’s shameless. Not an easy opponent for an honest person to handle. If you can even find an honest politician.
    I'd say the opposite, an honest person that fact-checked him incessantly and could focus attention on keeping his many "presidency-derailing-if-they-were-anyone-else" foibles in the news cycle for more than a day before being tossed aside, they'd be his kryptonite.

If we had people that grabbed hold of Trump's palpable, scrutiny-worthy failures and didn't let go with the same passion and conviction that Trump and his ilk wouldn't shut up about manufactured non-scandals like birth certificates and fancy mustard, we'd be in far better shape. But nah, the left's strategy is always back down and try to play nice with the poor sociopaths.

What are the odds that the real Democrat nomination will be another diversity "it's their turn" candidate that the masses dont actually want?

8. Unlikely based on the polling data now. It's gonna be one of three white dudes. One is human garbage, one is okay, and one can take us to the promised land.

9. I wish Ilhan Omar was eligible. I'd vote for her just to watch so many heads explode.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Captivating is not the word I'd use for watching an old man play in his own excrement.
    Drew is right, though. Maybe captivating isn't the right word but he wraps people up, lack of tact and all. And it's funny shit in the same way Rack 'Em Willie was funny, where we'd be laughing and then later realize it was shitty to exploit him. But since it's out of the President's mouth, everyone blows up.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I wish Ilhan Omar was eligible. I'd vote for her just to watch so many heads explode.
    I get what you, personally, are saying. But in general, how is that any different than, "I like Trump 'cause he makes the libs upset!" ?