Page 820 of 968 FirstFirst ... 806816818819820821822824834 ... LastLast
Results 8,191 to 8,200 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. In my head, I was toying with the idea of a real Workers Party, meaning in exchange for health and education benefits you must work. So, free health care to those making mandatory health check ups, and education for those passing grades, and 100% acceptance on immigration. In exchange, all citizens must work 40 hours a week (if not in education) from 18 to 70. You may be unemployed for up to a 6 month stretch every 10 years. But on the 7th month you will be deported to country of birth or majority genetic country of birth and not allowed back in for 10 years. Those countries not accepting deportations will be denied trading privileges.

That’s the real on the Communist Workers Party.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    You bring up an interesting point.

Deporting the homeless: A good idea or a great idea?
    Oh yeah, homeless are fine as long as employed.

Self employed are fine too, if filing income taxes each year.

Those refusing deportation, shall be euthanized for their own benefit. Getting in that speedy trial right, all trials will be completed in 30 days.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 22 Apr 2019 at 05:17 PM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

3. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    That’s the real on the Communist Workers Party.
    i do not think it means what you think it means.

4. I don’t?

The term “GULAG” is an acronym for the Soviet bureaucratic institution, Glavnoe Upravlenie ispravitel’no-trudovykh LAGerei (Main Administration of Corrective Labor Camps), that operated the Soviet system of forced labor camps in the Stalin era.
    http://gulaghistory.org/nps/onlineexhibit/stalin/

5. If you want a system where you have to work 40 hours a week or lose your coverage then I have very good news for you!

I'd probably be fine with it if I didn't have to pay anything out of pocket.

Why do I have to pay anything? Why have I paid dental for 5 or 6 years and now if I get a crown it will be 600 out of pocket? Why 700, 800 for a root canal?

I almost never go to the doctor but I have like a 1200, 1500 deductible. Why?

You cant roll over last year's money?

7. You're just now learning insurance is a scam?
    Boo, Hiss.

Oh, I've had a vague idea since I got my driver's permit so many moons ago.

How it is legal to pay someone to protect your car for years, only for them to finally tell you it isnt worth fixing and then not give you enough money to replace it, is beyond me.

They could literally put all your payments into stock, buy you a new car and walk away with the interest and still come away with a lot of money.

Like the average yearly car insurance is about 1400. Across 10 years that is 14,000. Fuck up a 10 year old car Nd they total it, giving you about $2000. They made $12000 and you're back at the car lot, buying another $15000 car. You paid 12000 to get 2000 for the down payment.

10. And if your piece of shit van blows a tire and you run into someone else and do $300,000 of damage via property damage and medical bills, they’re out $286,000. No matter how much your insurance goes up you’ll never cover that bill.
    Don’t get me wrong, I hate insurance. But railing about how much you pay vs how little you get back is like crying about paying school tax despite having no kids. Everyone pitches in to help everyone else or the system doesnt work.