Page 830 of 968 FirstFirst ... 816826828829830831832834844 ... LastLast
Results 8,291 to 8,300 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. This will make Trump stronger.

2. Yeah, this is not going to accomplish shit aside from further embarrassing the impotent democrats.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    So what does this do?
    I’ve heard this is still going to take so long that it won’t be done until after the election. It’s more just so they appear to be doing something than actually doing something.
    It all depends. With Nixon they held a lot of hearings but the Republicans went right after Clinton.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    So what does this do?
    Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    This will make Trump stronger.
    Exactly.

They prob have a smol dirt on Biden's son. Nothing bad, but something that can be spun. Then, "Oh, look, Biden's son did x. See, it was totally ok for Trogdor to talk to YouTube Crane! You libs are overreacting!"

Since the President is illiterate, I'd like to think someone held up the transcript and he was like, "Yeah, release that I totally read it and know what it says." But that ain't the case.

5. Should’ve been initiated months ago

Won’t make a difference

Waste of time
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

6. It seems like Congressmen never work, but the Democrats in the House are there right now working out a deal to get involved in a land war in Asia.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    This will make Trump stronger.
    Trump's strength is overrated. It's easy to look at the crazy-eyed throngs at his rallies and his unflappable surrogates on TV and think his power is on the rise, but it wasn't his superfans that put him over the hump (and barely over the hump, let's be clear) in the election. It was the people who found him distasteful, but reasoned "hey it's Not Hillary," and rolled the dice that he was an unknown as a politician and that his election persona might be an act that would simmer down a bit when he took the president's chair. He's spent the last 3 years taking a nonstop marathon dump all over that notion, and though I'm sure some of those people have since bought into his cult in that time (Hi Lindsey!), there's a not-insignificant number who don't like it and are just fuckin' fatigued with the antics of this aggrandizing dipshit who can't stop himself from setting two new fires every time one gets put out.

To wit, Republicans are making much ballyhoo over "only" 37% of people approving of impeachment, but the number of people that approved of Nixon getting thrown on his ass at the dawn of the Watergate hearings was half that. Trump constantly congratulates himself on a great approval rate, but filter apples-to-apples for the approval numbers of presidents that had a strong economy at their back, and his rating's comparatively kinda dogshit. Some Republican representatives have stated that if Trump's seat was put up to a blind ballot vote, there'd be a lot of Rs that would be happy to get rid of him. None of this is the picture of a man who's been building support.

The impeachment will undoubtedly stall at the Senate, yes, but the endgame to Trump's legacy was always that scores of damning accounts and tell-alls of the insanity in Trump's WH will fly forth once he exits, he'll find himself entrenched in legal battles that he can no longer win with "it's legal if the President does it," and as those quagmires eat away at him, Republicans will increasingly try to push the revisionist history that they were actually against him the whole time. This will prove to be useful for lots of future gotchas, in much the same way that most people that tried to run away from Dubya's Iraq war got smacked around by "-But you voted for it."

Similarly, however futile it may turn out now, it's probably a good thing for this future that the Dems that ran on holding Trump to the fire actually have something concrete on the books to point towards.
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 25 Sep 2019 at 11:52 PM.

8. Bacon, I love your nuanced take... but understand that national politics have no room for nuance.

9. ...especially when they are about to go against a Sicilian when death is on the line.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

10. What the fuck has happened to Rudy Guliani? The guy that shepherded NYC through 9/11 is not the one creating a massive shit storm today. It looks like the guy has been trying to run his own foreign policy shadow government and convinced Trump it's real (and legal). Figures another one of his lawyers would be the person to make his next crime happen, be found out, and threaten his presidency.