Page 838 of 968 FirstFirst ... 824834836837838839840842852 ... LastLast
Results 8,371 to 8,380 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. I love how transparent Trump & his compromised defenders are about the whistleblower. They don't even have to say the quiet part. It's 100% clear they only want the identity so they can have that person killed like they did Epstein.

2. investigared
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. LOLOLOLOLOLOL

4. Now an ironic and amusing footnote.

5. In prepared statement, Trump says "Mommy, I want to go home."

6. Seriously the last two days have been bad for repubs hoping that Volker and Sondland might give them the wiggle room on any of this. Volker played dumb but didn't refute anything that was said and Sondland has explicitly spelled out a quid pro quo tied to Trump and further clarified that they weren't looking for an actual investigation as much as a public statement to be created in cooperation with the white house to advance their political goals. The latter is even substantiated by emails.

I don't know what they can really do to try to muddy this now short of calling Pompeo or Giuliani and hoping they'd perjure themselves, and that really feels ill advised at this point.

7. This fucking picture!

"I don’t always throw the Trump Administration under the bus... but when I do, I do it under oath. Stay thirsty my friends."

8. I just watched 2 minutes of a condensed 10-minute highlight reel of Sondland's testimony before realizing I was just confirming things I already knew. It's quicker to read the highlights at this point.

Right now it's pretty clear where this is all going- Congress impeachment, Senate rejection. Trump is guilty as hell but McConnell and crew will cover for him, possibly without even bothering to come up with an excuse as to why they reject the mountain of evidence.

On the plus side-

https://twitter.com/SaoSasha/status/1197320791706263552

https://twitter.com/NickLutsko/statu...69902131974146
    Last edited by James; 21 Nov 2019 at 05:30 AM.

9. I have a feeling it’ll mostly end like the Russian probe. Did they investigate Biden/Jr. or publish a letter prior to money being released? That’s a smoking gun.

10. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Right now it's pretty clear where this is all going- Congress impeachment, Senate rejection. Trump is guilty as hell but McConnell and crew will cover for him, possibly without even bothering to come up with an excuse as to why they reject the mountain of evidence.
    Nailed it.

I think the part I love most about all this is the amazing precedent this sets regarding intent to commit crimes. In public, say vaguely positive things you don't mean about the target (ex: despite literally not caring about them at all, claim to not be a fan of foreign aid and claim to want corruption eliminated) then, when you are in private/assume others aren't going to hear you, just say what you want (ex: tell the target you want the investigations ... oh, sorry, the ANNOUNCEMENT of investigations my bad). Then you can sit back while people pretend they don't understand nuance and disparity of power lol.

Also, can we just have the counsels for either side be the only ones asking questions? Like, holy shit, both of them were great and I was interested in every minute of their portions.