Page 842 of 968 FirstFirst ... 828838840841842843844846856 ... LastLast
Results 8,411 to 8,420 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    I love how Trump is completely ignoring the fact that the IG report ultimately says that the FBI was completely justified in their investigation...
    Why would he acknowledge that? As with all bullies, you only work with the information that makes you look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Zelensky got his meeting where Trump basically stared daggers into his head while he tried to avoid answering a question about quid pro quo.
    That's been one of my favorite bits of these hearings. Some Democrat mentions the meeting at the White House conditioned upon announcement of investigations, and some Republican brings up the meeting at the UN. Those are two different things, but Republicans don't understand disparity of power.

I'm also a big fan of the "you're investigating the wrong guy" whinge. I'd love for them to investigate Biden (either to find something or for it to be another Benghazi flop). But, because it's a bad faith retort, they'll abandon it after this. Collins (I think?) came real close to stepping into it when talking to Goldman, but backed off after making his point. I forget the exact wording, but it was like, "So either Vice President Biden potentially committed the same thing you're accusing the President of, OR he was lying to make himself look good to a group of people at the Ukraine's expense." It's the second one! Biden's a piece of shit!

2. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    I'm also a big fan of the "you're investigating the wrong guy" whinge. I'd love for them to investigate Biden (either to find something or for it to be another Benghazi flop). But, because it's a bad faith retort, they'll abandon it after this. Collins (I think?) came real close to stepping into it when talking to Goldman, but backed off after making his point. I forget the exact wording, but it was like, "So either Vice President Biden potentially committed the same thing you're accusing the President of, OR he was lying to make himself look good to a group of people at the Ukraine's expense." It's the second one! Biden's a piece of shit!
    It was neither... I think the Dems are avoiding engaging with the Biden thing because the Republicans want to shift that focus, but I think they have to because a lot of people are just really murky on it. I hear some of the mooks at work talking about it like some broken telephone version of events, and I think that's where the Dems are losing people.

Biden wasn't lying, he put was part of a coalition to get Shokin fired, because Shokin was corrupt and connected to oligarchs that had him suppress prosecutions.

But Shokin wasn't investigating Hunter Biden, then or ever. And there was no active investigation into Zlochevsky at the time, and even when there was it concerned his time in government, years before Hunter Biden ever worked for Burisma.

I think it's obvious that Hunter got his job as a stated or implied favor to his father and that's a conversation worth having but the firing of Shokin should be a pretty uncontroversial dimension to the whole thing.

3. Put Trump AND Biden x2 in jail, and let's move the fuck on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Seems reasonable.

5. I've had the audio on in the background for most of these hearings and votes but I had to shut today's off. The scorn dripping from every "my friend" is too annoying.

Can we all just drop the pretense of civility and fight now?

6. Ooh, it looks like the UK has officially joined us in the "don't want to be a real society any more" club!

7. The POTUS stole from multiple charities with his scam Trump Foundation, admitted to it in court, and was forced to pay $2 million to settle the lawsuit.

It didn't even move the scandal meter.

8. Schumer wants to call Mulvaney and Bolton as witnesses. Republicans want the whistleblower, Hunter Biden, and, confusingly, "whoever Vindman tattled to."

I think Dems need to address the Biden thing if there's any chance of moving the needle. When I talk to Republican friends, it essentially boils down to a belief that the Biden story is true, and that the two crimes "cancel each other out" or that Trump meant well and was pursuing justice even if he went about it wrong.

But the story is so obviously bullshit and can be proven to be bullshit by documentary evidence and I think having that conversation really helps to emphasize the extent to which this was a pernicious smear and not an effort to "find the truth." Democrats have been repeating this "dirt on Biden" catchphrase ad nauseum but it's counterproductive because it feeds into the narrative that Biden is dirty.

I think the real reason they don't want to have the conversation is that, conspiracies aside, at the end of the day Biden did get his job there as a stated or implied favor to his father, something that may not reach the standard for legal corruption, but which feels like an implicit quid pro quo.

The whistleblower was outed by the Post last week. At this point I don't see the harm in giving him up as a bargaining chip to get the others.

9. The whistle-blower was outed long before that.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Trump meant well and was pursuing justice
    lol

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww