Page 857 of 968 FirstFirst ... 843853855856857858859861871 ... LastLast
Results 8,561 to 8,570 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    According to where? This sounds whatdoyoucallit... made up?
    Really?

You don't say?

However, the second link is from The National Review, which I wasn't familiar with...apparently it's a pretty conservative site, so you can take that as you will. And now that I've re-read the article, it sounds more like the LGBT stuff could have been speculation on the author's part as opposed to fact. But AOC blowing off Bernie in-part due to the Rogan endorsement appears to indeed be a thing, and the LGBT stuff is legit speculation 'cause that is something that Rogan is very well-known for.

*EDIT* Holy shit, National review is pretty fucked up. I had no idea.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 16 Mar 2020 at 02:46 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. AOC seems to mean well and she's clearly very capable and intelligent, but not endorsing a Presidential candidate because someone else you don't agree with on a few topics ALSO endorses that Presidential candidate is immature, short sighted, and outright ridiculous.

I have a hard time believing this isn't all overblown, but if it's not, then I've met middle school girls who have their shit more together.

3. It's blown out of proportion. She did a lot of campaigning for him earlier in the year and hit the time in her schedule where she had to handle her own responsibilities. His campaign hitting the skids certainly didn't help sway her to think she had to rearrange things.

4. So I called it? Interesting.

HuffPo is for rich libs who want to remain rich libs, nobody gets paid to write for that site.

Chances are if something is only sourced by Nat Review and HuffPo, it's strictly op-ed bullshit for the cocktail party set. They're directly connected by the KCRW Left Right and Center radio show, they're all best friends.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 16 Mar 2020 at 06:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    So I called it? Interesting.
    You actually called nothing. "Made up" means that it's non-existent. You asked "according to where?" I delivered sources. Sorry if they were from sites that you don't care for.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 16 Mar 2020 at 11:03 PM.

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. I mean did she rescind her endorsement because of Rogan, or didn’t she?

Edit: It’s all over multiple news outlets so it sounds legit. But he’s not actually in the running anymore so who cares? They’re arguing and damaging each other’s reps for a participation ribbon lulz.

Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Like I think everyone should be treated with respect and dignity, but we don't let children get tattoos and we don't let 14 year olds compete with 8 year olds in any sport. Permanent physical changes to your body should be decisions only adults make and matching up contestants in sports to create parity isn't evil.

You're not a bad person because you recognize that children aren't adults and some people are stronger than other people.
    You fucking nazi sympathizer.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 16 Mar 2020 at 08:35 PM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Chances are if something is only sourced by Nat Review and HuffPo, it's strictly op-ed bullshit
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    It’s all over multiple news outlets so it sounds legit.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 16 Mar 2020 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    AOC thinks her job is to be a pundit, and has zero concept of what it means to be a politician. Politicians have to bring a diverse coalition of people to their platform. It's that platform -- not the ideological purity of everyone in that coalition -- that is the point.
    This isnt specific to her though. That has been an emerging problem with the left for 20, 30 years. Maybe longer. There isnt a unifying goal and many in each micro group buy into ideological purity.

The left isnt like the right, whom will share a bed with a rapist and thief if they will wear the team colors and bring home the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Like I think everyone should be treated with respect and dignity, but we don't let children get tattoos and we don't let 14 year olds compete with 8 year olds in any sport. Permanent physical changes to your body should be decisions only adults make and matching up contestants in sports to create parity isn't evil.

You're not a bad person because you recognize that children aren't adults and some people are stronger than other people.
    Eeeeehhhhh, the problem with this is that a person will have better results the sooner they transition. Your bones physically change during puberty. If someone mtf can get ahead of that, they will have a cleaner transition. Or, wait until 50, transition, look like a Monty python sketch character and shoot themselves in a bathroom of Applebees because a positive self image is not unobtainable.

So I understand parents that want to start asap because they are trying to prevent something more tragic later.

And do we really care about an even playing field in sports? Really really? If we do, why do we let shitty football teams play good ones? Have you seen a top sec school play a bad one? Not even in the same league with each other, but we pretend it's fair.

If we really cared, why don't we have weight classes in football, basketball and football? How many asian and white players are being kept out of the NBA because they cant match the physical power of the top 1% of other groups?

Why is it ok to built one team over here with the best of the best but then go to another sport and say "no, this same practice isnt fair"

10. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Eeeeehhhhh, the problem with this is that a person will have better results the sooner they transition. Your bones physically change during puberty. If someone mtf can get ahead of that, they will have a cleaner transition. Or, wait until 50, transition, look like a Monty python sketch character and shoot themselves in a bathroom of Applebees because a positive self image is not unobtainable.

So I understand parents that want to start asap because they are trying to prevent something more tragic later.
    That's making the assumption that a child is capable of making an irreversible decision regarding their physical development that will affect them for the rest of their life. Or that there isn't a growing history of young people transitioning and then completely regretting it later.

Not saying that there aren't plenty of trans people who said that they knew they were trans from a very early age - there are - and I'm not saying that kids should or shouldn't have access puberty blockers in the right situations. I'm just saying that it's a practice that should, at the very least, be seriously questioned.

And do we really care about an even playing field in sports? Really really? If we do, why do we let shitty football teams play good ones? Have you seen a top sec school play a bad one? Not even in the same league with each other, but we pretend it's fair.

If we really cared, why don't we have weight classes in football, basketball and football? How many asian and white players are being kept out of the NBA because they cant match the physical power of the top 1% of other groups?

Why is it ok to built one team over here with the best of the best but then go to another sport and say "no, this same practice isnt fair"
    So you're saying that we shouldn't separate sports by weight, skill, or sex at all, and everyone should be allowed to compete with everyone?

Honestly, it's pointless having this discussion; it went nowhere the last time we tried it.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 17 Mar 2020 at 09:59 AM.