Page 879 of 968 FirstFirst ... 865875877878879880881883893 ... LastLast
Results 8,781 to 8,790 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Politics is messy and it's unfortunate when you're left with only choices you don't like, but the very real scenario we find ourselves in is that any vote not for Biden is essentially a vote for Trump.
    We've heard this horseshit for decades now, and if we hadn't listened to it 20 years ago we wouldn't have Trump now. Also: you don't seem to understand how the Electoral College works.
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

2. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    You hate Biden so much you'd rather vote for Trump and a generation of conservative SCOTUS after he names RBGs replacement next term? I just can't follow that logic. It's like if you really liked rice, but the store was out and only had bread and you're like "I'll just fucking starve then".
    Guess you missed where the all the superior court benches just got fucking HANDED to the republicans, and the the Obama team just passively handed their SCOTUS seats to Trump without any fight at all?

Fuck Biden.

3. If your game plan is to convince me I don't understand how the 538 electoral votes work its not gonna work dude. I'm 34 and I've watched the news leading up to every Presidential election in my adult life, I've watched day of as States come in and we follow the Electoral College build, I watched Trump lose the popular vote and still become President. If you think I'm ignorant of general parts of our governmental political systems, you're wrong.

Can you try, for once lately, to directly contradict an idea instead of "hur dur you must be dumb?" If Sats writes in a vote its a wasted vote. Totally sucks, but that's the real truth of it. The Electoral College isn't gonna be like "well Trump had more votes than Biden in Florida but that one person did write in for Mickey Mouse so I guess let's just give him the State".

Our election system is bullshit, but at the end of the day in 2020 you are voting to keep Trump in office or put Biden in his place, those are the only two actual real options. You can argue that the system is broken; and I agree it totally is from the nomination process straight through the election, but you cannot claim that in the 2020 Election that writing in a vote for someone not on the ballot is going to actually harm Trump.

Cut the shit.
    Last edited by Opaque; 01 May 2020 at 03:12 PM.

4. You're claiming to understand it, but then using a solid blue-state voter as your example?

I do have 3rd option and here's a little nursery rhyme to help you understand: Fuck Red, Fuck Blue. if you're down with em, then fuck you too.

Democrats and Republicans are both the enemy.

Yeah, the whole bernie thing has made it pretty clear that the dnc is just protecting another pile of money and dont care much more than the right. They are just a touch more polite and civil about their shittiness.

6. I'm from California, I get that my vote doesn't actually matter. If you read even a fraction of the posts of mine you've replied to, you'd remember me talking about how big of a deal it was Biden won Red states from the last election by a landslide in the Democratic Primary but almost exclusively lost to Bernie in States that are all hut guaranteed to land Blue in November no matter who the nominee is.

I mean you sure did quote those posts and respond to them a lot to suddenly completely forget that I obviously understand the how the system works.

That being said, people that are anti Trump now being vocally anti Biden, aren't helping anyone but Trump with this rhetoric. Period. If you want to defeat Trump you don't do it by moping around and wasting your won vote.

I don't think anyone is required to care who the President is going to be, don't even vote if you don't want to. Your right is the ability to vote IF you want to. But all these people that spent the last 4 years claiming Trump is the worst possible President now claiming they'd rather throw away their vote than get him out of office, have shown their true colors.
    Last edited by Opaque; 01 May 2020 at 03:19 PM.

7. Didn't we have this shit last time? Vote Hillary, or else. Time to double down on it and that will work, right?

Dude's in Cali. His presidental vote means about as much as the votes Hillary "won" by.

People are free to vote for whomever they choose.

8. Primaries, right. Where Democrats vote for the Democrat nominee. In many states only Democrats COULD. This was the first election here where, as an unaffiliated voter, I could vote in a primary. It doesn't give you any reason to think those electotral votes won't be for Trump.

What the DNC did not learn, despite 3 losses the same way, and seems so unwilling to that I almost think it is deliberate, is how their last 3 losses happened, by not focusing primarily on the battlegrounds and flipping red states. There is no reason to even campaign in California, that's a lock. Why the fuck is Biden having rallies in Raleigh, or New York and not Utah, or Pennsylvania, or Arizona? But it ultimately does not matter, Trump is going to wipe the floor with Biden unless this VP nominee is someone spectacular and even then probably. And they actually DESERVE to lose this time, like they'd be better off actually running Clinton again. Biden is as bad as Trump, and -before this pandemic was so badly mishandled (or handled according to the bosses best interest, take your pick), at least- there was literally no attack on Trump that could be made that wasn't every bit as applicable to Biden.

Additionally, Trump is horrible, terrible, and I will never support him. But by what measure is he the worst? By what measure is he worse than G. W. Bush, for example? Or even Reagan? Other than worse PR, I mean?
    Last edited by Vasteel; 01 May 2020 at 03:55 PM.

9. Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Didn't we have this shit last time? Vote Hillary, or else. Time to double down on it and that will work, right?

Dude's in Cali. His presidental vote means about as much as the votes Hillary "won" by.

People are free to vote for whomever they choose.
    We did. And will work just as well as it has for the last 20 years, by getting Trump in office again and no viable 3rd party options still in another 20 years because building that up is "throwing your vote away".

10. I don't necessarily think it will work and I never implied it was worth doubling down on. That being said on May 1st 2020 there's not many paths to removing Trump from office that don't include Biden going into it.

What I KNOW is that ton's of people who have spent the last 4 years endlessly going on about how Trump is the worst thing to ever happen to America, are now willing to do literally nothing to help get him out of office, because their nominee of choice voluntarily removed himself from the election after it reached a point he believed the best chance of getting Trump out of office was to support Biden and bow out. I literally said, in the post above yours, that people shouldn't even vote if they don't want to. But, and I think this is real and important, if you are actively working against Biden you are working for his opposition, which is Trump. Maybe your vote doesn't matter in your State, but propagating anti Biden sentiment on the internet is going to lead to people all over not voting for him and thus Trump winning again. Russia's tampering in 2016 was literally aimed at making people not want to vote for Clinton because of emails and old bullshit. If Russia was going to; as example I'm not implying this is actively happening now, try to sow discourse in the Democratic and Independent voters so Trump wins again, shit like this on social media and the internet is literally exactly how they'd go about.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. If you want Trump out of office vote for the person against him on the ballot.