Page 880 of 968 FirstFirst ... 866876878879880881882884894 ... LastLast
Results 8,791 to 8,800 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Both parties have done everything they can do to entrench the two-party status quo, and independent presidential candidates just don't stand a chance.
    I think both parties are terrified of what a vote-swinging third party could do in congress, though. All they would need to do is steal enough seats from each party to keep them both under 50%, and suddenly a tiny third party becomes the deciding factor of every partisan issue. It would undermine the whole racket and make it at least possible for a third-party president.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I don't necessarily think it will work and I never implied it was worth doubling down on. That being said on May 1st 2020 there's not many paths to removing Trump from office that don't include Biden going into it.

What I KNOW is that ton's of people who have spent the last 4 years endlessly going on about how Trump is the worst thing to ever happen to America, are now willing to do literally nothing to help get him out of office, because their nominee of choice voluntarily removed himself from the election after it reached a point he believed the best chance of getting Trump out of office was to support Biden and bow out. I literally said, in the post above yours, that people shouldn't even vote if they don't want to. But, and I think this is real and important, if you are actively working against Biden you are working for his opposition, which is Trump. Maybe your vote doesn't matter in your State, but propagating anti Biden sentiment on the internet is going to lead to people all over not voting for him and thus Trump winning again. Russia's tampering in 2016 was literally aimed at making people not want to vote for Clinton because of emails and old bullshit. If Russia was going to; as example I'm not implying this is actively happening now, try to sow discourse in the Democratic and Independent voters so Trump wins again, shit like this on social media and the internet is literally exactly how they'd go about.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. If you want Trump out of office vote for the person against him on the ballot.
    Saying bad things about bad candidate is bad because orange man super more bad. Got it.

Where do you rank biden out of all the Democratic candidates that ran?

Maybe people aren't saisfied when a shitty candidate somehow gets the nod and then are somehow guilted into voting for them.

Maybe people dont want a douche or a turd and that won't ever change until people vote how they want.

Hillary didn't lose because of any 3rd party votes. This wasn't 1992. 2016 was Hillary ran a shit campaign and didnt put in the work and its all on her.

Too busy planning her glass ceiling celebration than earning it.

3. Take that bullshit and run with it. Was tired 4 years ago.

She. Did. Not. Run. A. Good. Campaign.

4. Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Saying bad things about bad candidate is bad because orange man super more bad. Got it.
    I personally have not had a bad life the last 4 years. My point is solely, again, that anyone who wants Trump to lose the 2020 Presidential Elections has one path to make that happen now.

Where do you rank biden out of all the Democratic candidates that ran?
    5th or 4th. I most would have wanted Mayor Pete, that he even made it to a debate was amazing considering where he started.

Maybe people aren't saisfied when a shitty candidate somehow gets the nod and then are somehow guilted into voting for them.
    No shit. But what's worse, voting for a guy who don't like, or having a guy you hate win? Let's pretend there's some nonsense scenario where either my cousin or dog have to be on charge of my finances, that's two terrible choices. I am really unhappy that those are my only two choices, for fucks sake, why? How did it come to this? I don't really like my cousin very much, she's kind of a total anti-vax moron, but I'd rather her be in charge of my finances than my dog. I guess for now I'll choose my cousin who at least won't poop on the carpet and hope that someday, if we can get all the pieces in order, the option to choose an accountant will present itself. Like, sometimes when choosing between two things you're picking the thing that's better, not a thing you like.

Maybe people dont want a douche or a turd and that won't ever change until people vote how they want.
    Totally fair, but if you spent the last 4 years telling me nothing could possibly be worse than a Turd, don't follow that immediately up with telling me you won't vote in a Douche to replace him.

Hillary didn't lose because of any 3rd party votes. This wasn't 1992. 2016 was Hillary ran a shit campaign and didnt put in the work and its all on her.
    Why should lost is irrelevant, I wasn't discussing that. The intelligence community has confirmed that Russia actively used social media to try and influence voters to not vote for her. I'm not saying that's WHY she lost the election, merely pointing out that social media trying to influence people to not vote for Biden is literally the tactic a foreign power used to try and get Trump elected last time. It's worth at least acknowledging that if you are vocally anti Biden online you're doing the exact same thing the Pro Trump people are doing.
    Last edited by Opaque; 01 May 2020 at 04:18 PM.

Beyond tired of hearing/seeing the status quo get propped up by a bunch of fucking white collar family men. It's been shameful, depressing and straight up sad to watch my peers turn into those corny mother fuckers over the years.

6. Lots of people could be worse than trump the last 4 years.

Dude is a piece of shit conman who is the physical manifestation of the word "kickback". He has no discernible positive qualities at all.

I'm writing in Sanders again. My conscience is totally clear.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Beyond tired of hearing/seeing the status quo get propped up by a bunch of fucking white collar family men. It's been shameful, depressing and straight up sad to watch my peers turn into those corny mother fuckers over the years.
    What the hell happened? It's like the reddit politics white sauce was mixed in a eco friendly diverse sap blender.

Thia shit should be kept to star wars. Ruin that more, leave the forums alone at least.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Part of growing up is learning how you can actually make a difference and what is just masturbation.

Writing in Bernie might make you feel rock and roll, but it's an empty gesture that does nothing. I'd rather the system be different, I'd rather a lot of thing be different, but all you can ever do in life is make the next best decision. Complaining about how that decision isn't ideal does nothing of value for anything other than your own ego.

That's not propping up the status quo or supporting it, it's doing the best you can with the options that are actually there.

We have such a fundamentally different take on what life means at this point that I can't even begin to figure out where to start.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Part of growing up is learning how you can actually make a difference and what is just masturbation.

Writing in Bernie might make you feel rock and roll, but it's an empty gesture that does nothing. I'd rather the system be different, I'd rather a lot of thing be different, but all you can ever do in life is make the next best decision. Complaining about how that decision isn't ideal does nothing of value for anything other than your own ego.

That's not propping up the status quo or supporting it, it's doing the best you can with the options that are actually there.
    Complaining about someone else's vote sounds a little self spanky to me. After all, i am "wasting" my vote, right?

Maybe you should grow up and accept positions other than your own.