Page 887 of 968 FirstFirst ... 873883885886887888889891901 ... LastLast
Results 8,861 to 8,870 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    It’s technically a genocide at this point. We are literally living through a genocide. As we say in the business, never again is now!

Also, unemployment is projected to hit 20% on Friday, which puts us in league with such great and economically successful nations like Ethiopia and Nigeria.

Literally screw this entire country.
    This is not "literally" genocide. Or technically a genocide. Or anything even remotely genocide related. You are not surviving a genocide right now, stop acting like this.

To compare a pandemic, no matter how poorly managed at the offset, to the literal worst thing humanity has ever done, is ridiculous. This is closer to manslaughter than murder, and while people in power need to be held accountable for ways they fuckedthis up, it's not Tibet. It's not the Rowandan Genocide, The Holocost or the Armenian Genocide.

People are not being directly targeted because of their religion or race and shot dead in front of their family members. This disease doesn't care if you're white or black, Christian or Athiest, in America or Italy.

Get out of here with your always offended shit. Like, a global fucking pandemic isn't bad enough, you need to find additional ways to feel like a victim? How much self sympathy do you need?
    Last edited by Opaque; 06 May 2020 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    What if you’re the gang of thugs?
    There is always another gang of thugs.

Watch animal planet. Watch some gorillas. There I'd always another group of apes, and you get older everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    This is not "literally" genocide. Or technically a genocide. Or anything even remotely genocide related. You are not surviving a genocide right now, stop acting like this.

To compare a pandemic, no matter how poorly managed at the offset, to the literal worst thing humanity has ever done, is ridiculous. This is closer to manslaughter than murder, and while people in power need to be held accountable for ways they fuckedthis up, it's not Tibet. It's not the Rowandan Genocide, The Holocost or the Armenian Genocide.

People are not being directly targeted because of their religion or race and shot dead in front of their family members. This disease doesn't care if you're white or black, Christian or Athiest, in America or Italy.

Get out of here with your always offended shit. Like, a global fucking pandemic isn't bad enough, you need to find additional ways to feel like a victim? How much self sympathy do you need?
    Your knowledge is limited.

There were genocides under stalin that were the result of the party moving resources, leaving a group of people to die.

Genocide does not have to be the result of religious, political or philosophical ideology. It can also be the product of apathy, negligence, ignorance or a blind bureaucracy

4. Well unless you're implying a global genocide where all world powers are in this together; in which case the idea that THIS country being the problem would be a mutually exclusive belief you can't also hold, then it's still not a genocide.

Like there's dudes with guns at State capitals saying not being able to go to Applebee's is oppression and professional victims online saying so little is being done we must be in a genocide. Both are equally as insane and self serving.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post

Josh is right, you’re on a different planet than the rest of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Well unless you're implying a global genocide where all world powers are in this together; in which case the idea that THIS country being the problem would be a mutually exclusive belief you can't also hold, then it's still not a genocide.

Like there's dudes with guns at State capitals saying not being able to go to Applebee's is oppression and professional victims online saying so little is being done we must be in a genocide. Both are equally as insane and self serving.
    You're assuming there needs to be an intent. There doesnt. All a powerful party has to do is commit an action or choose to avoid an action that causes the death of lots of people. They dont have to consciously decide to murder them with some grand purpose. They just have to allow it.

You would make a good communists. I'm sure grandpa stalin would have loved your perspective. The 10 million Russians that he starved to death, it's ok, not genocide.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Josh is right, you’re on a different planet than the rest of us.

Apparently. Josh talks about "peers" but the way you two talk it's like you're still in High School and the grown ups don't understand that it's not a phase, it's who you really are!

I learned how to differentiate between real discrimination, oppression and hate a while ago. The people waving Nazi flags at State Capitals are evil. The anti-vaxers pushing for an end to social distancing or refusing to wear face masks at Costco are dangerous. People that think this won't happen again if we don't change the way we handle health care, universal income and most importantly pandemic preparedness are delusional.

But you guys are like "Opaque doesn't think I have the hardest life on the planet, he's an asshole and I can't even understand him". Like your job, healthcare, economic status, and life are even, I don't know, bottom half in the world? 3 Billlion people on Earth live on less than $2.5 a day with no healthcare to speak of. Like a billion people in each China and India instantly have worse lives than you in almost every measurable metric of economic viability, health care and civil liberty. Most of Africa and South America you'd hate. Russia? North Korea? You have smart phones, vaccines, indoor plumbing, netflix, grubhub, the internet. We're able to argue right now about how we can be better as a society, we're not cowering in fear the the murder squads might come down our streets and wipe us out. You've never, and likely will never, even experience a domestic war. There's hasn't been on on US soil since 1865 for fucks sake. Almost every country in Europe has experienced war on their land in the last 100 years. Many countries have on going on RIGHT NOW. Bombings that can blow up your neighborhood. Fleeing your country not because you'd like another one better, but because you'll die if you stay.

Most people on the Planet have a worse life than you. Everyone who lived 100 years ago or earlier had WAY worse lives than you. America has SO MUCH ROOM to be better, but to act like you don't have it better than most currently living humans and 99% of all humanity that came before you is just childish bullshit.

You live in some magical world where you and Anne Frank are just going through the same shit and anyone who doesn't think exactly like you must be racist, sexist, xenophobic or something evil. There's no way bad things that happen to you are just bad things, they must be the WORST of things and you must have it as bad or worse than anyone else going through life. You got offended on behalf of domestic violence victims when NO ONE was even talking about them. You got offended for M ->F transgender men not being allowed to dominate women in sports. But if I, a dude who just doesn't think you are the victim of a genocide right now, voices that opinion I live on a different planet from you.

Well good. The planet you live on is clearly fucking bonkers.
    Last edited by Opaque; 06 May 2020 at 03:04 PM.

8. Yeah, you people have bread and circuses, shut the fuck up!

9. I mean I've never liked a circus, but like if you like circuses then you're life is at least better than anyone with all other aspects of life being equal but they don't have circuses.

Which is a super specific cross section of people, but probably exists?

10. You are one tragically mediocre motherfucker.
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...