Page 889 of 968 FirstFirst ... 875885887888889890891893903 ... LastLast
Results 8,881 to 8,890 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Fucking what. You’re not making any sense, man. Do you literally think Josh and I are conspiring against you to make you feel bad on the internet?

Seriously, it’s not 2004. I cannot stress this enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I think there is a difference between incompetent leadership and it's response to an outside force and the systematic oppression and murder of others. Yes, I don't think this is a genocide just because Trump did all the wrong things.

People living through Covid-19 are living through dark times that totally suck, most of us in the US are dealing with the aftermath of poor planning and slow response by our executive branch and the loss of jobs and more importantly lives can be laid directly at the feet of Trump for disbanding the pandemic teams on China and DC a few years ago and then blowing this off as a hoax when intelligence communities were giving him information months before the first US case.

To compare what actual victims of genocide go through with what Satsuki is going through is incredibly disingenuous.
    I dont think anyone was calling their own life genocide and more talking about nuked nursing homes and uhauls with 100 rotting bodies.

3. You don’t even Facebook know me. Let me speak to your manager.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Fucking what. You’re not making any sense, man. Do you literally think Josh and I are conspiring against you to make you feel bad on the internet?

Seriously, it’s not 2004. I cannot stress this enough.
    No, I think:

1) You said this is a Genocide.

2) I said it's not a Genocide and you need to cut that shit out.

3) You said Josh was right we don't live on the same planet.

4) I said, dude how is me thinking you aren't living through a Genocide enough to have the mindset that we don't live on the same planet?

5) You said we hardly know each other.

6) I said, yeah that's why I don't understand how me thinking you aren't living through a Genocide is enough for you to have the mindset that we don't live on the same planet.

I can't dumb this down anymore.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I dont think anyone was calling their own life genocide and more talking about nuked nursing homes and uhauls with 100 rotting bodies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    It’s technically a genocide at this point. We are literally living through a genocide.
    I'm not paraphrasing here, she said:

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    We are literally living through a genocide.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post

I can't dumb this down anymore.
    Oh I bet you can.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 06 May 2020 at 04:45 PM. Reason: quick posts mcgraw up here
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. For the people who have decided to vote for Biden: what in Biden's record suggests he would be better than Trump? Asking with total sincerity and in good faith here.

- Why do you take it as given that the guy who voted to confirm Scalia and who infamously smeared Anita Hill in service of appointing Clarence Thomas will appoint someone any more progressive than, say, Kavanagh?

- Why do you think a guy who supported DOMA and opposed gay marriage until 2012 is going to be a champion of the marginalized?

- Why do you think the architect of the 2005 bankruptcy bill (which Elizabeth Warren built her career opposing) is going to be a champion of the middle class?

- Why do you think the chief proponent of the 1994 crime bill and who worked with segregationist senators to oppose bussing in the 70s and 80s is going to be a champion of minorities?

- Why do you think the guy who bragged about seeking social security cuts to balance the budget is going to be better for the working class?

-Why do you think a guy who recently implied he'd veto Medicare for All is going to be better for the working class?

- Why would a guy who advocated for the Iraq War (and recently said in an interview he supported it *because* he knew there were no WMD) be any less inclined toward foreign intervention?

TLDR:

- Why do you think a guy for whom being a Republican is no obstacle for being in his cabinet or even his running mate is going to oppose conservative policy rather than advance it?

I'm not interested in "Nobody's perfect," or "He's not my first choice, but," or "Orange man bad." I'm interested in good things he has done and supported in the past that suggest good things he will do and support in the future.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 06 May 2020 at 05:16 PM.

Because I'm not voting for trump. And the right will probably fight Biden harder than the left fights trump.

If the right is good st anything, it's being contemptible shit nuggets

Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I'm not paraphrasing here, she said:
    I think the intent was that we are living through a period with an existing genocide, not that she was personally experiencing a genocide.

Kind of like how 1943's Germany lived through a genocide, even though not everyone went to the camps.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    And the right will probably fight Biden harder than the left fights trump.
    What policy would the right even have to fight, though? In what way does Biden represent an opposition party?