Page 890 of 968 FirstFirst ... 876886888889890891892894904 ... LastLast
Results 8,891 to 8,900 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. So, handbags at 10 paces?

2. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    For the people who have decided to vote for Biden: what in Biden's record suggests he would be better than Trump? Asking with total sincerity and in good faith here.

- Why do you take it as given that the guy who voted to confirm Scalia and who infamously smeared Anita Hill in service of appointing Clarence Thomas will appoint someone any more progressive than, say, Kavanagh?

- Why do you think a guy who supported DOMA and opposed gay marriage until 2012 is going to be a champion of the marginalized?

- Why do you think the architect of the 2005 bankruptcy bill (which Elizabeth Warren built her career opposing) is going to be a champion of the middle class?

- Why do you think the chief proponent of the 1994 crime bill and who worked with segregationist senators to oppose bussing in the 70s and 80s is going to be a champion of minorities?

- Why do you think the guy who bragged about seeking social security cuts to balance the budget is going to be better for the working class?

-Why do you think a guy who recently implied he'd veto Medicare for All is going to be better for the working class?

- Why would a guy who advocated for the Iraq War (and recently said in an interview he supported it *because* he knew there were no WMD) be any less inclined toward foreign intervention?

TLDR:

- Why do you think a guy for whom being a Republican is no obstacle for being in his cabinet or even his running mate is going to oppose conservative policy rather than advance it?

I'm not interested in "Nobody's perfect," or "He's not my first choice, but," or "Orange man bad." I'm interested in good things he has done and supported in the past that suggest good things he will do and support in the future.
    My only thing with Biden is I'm wondering is if he doesn't have Alzheimer's. My dad went thru that near the end of his life and seeing how he just goes off into a tangent sometimes makes me worry about the guy. I don't hate him but I really think there was a much better choice then him or Bernie.

It's like he's so old I can't help but wonder if he should just retire already and let someone younger and more in touch with democratic voters step up to run vs Trump.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

3. We call that Joementia around these parts, BK.

4. https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...-those-accused

Biden says he'll reverse DeVos rule bolstering protections for those accused of campus sexual assault

Sounds a bit odd.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I think the intent was that we are living through a period with an existing genocide, not that she was personally experiencing a genocide.

Kind of like how 1943's Germany lived through a genocide, even though not everyone went to the camps.
    Thank you. Everything you’ve said here about genocide has been spot on and eloquent. You clearly didn’t google the definition and declare yourself an expert on the subject within the span of five minutes on Wikipedia and I appreciate that - you have a wide knowledge about the subject, as we’ve dialogued about it many times!

If someone regularly consumes media and doesn’t see how government negligence intentionally results in the death of particular populations, I truly can’t help you. But yes, blue no matter who of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

6. Sure am glad people are over that “we dont want old white dudes deciding things for us” phase.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Thank you. Everything you’ve said here about genocide has been spot on and eloquent. You clearly didn’t google the definition and declare yourself an expert on the subject within the span of five minutes on Wikipedia and I appreciate that - you have a wide knowledge about the subject, as we’ve dialogued about it many times!

If someone regularly consumes media and doesn’t see how government negligence intentionally results in the death of particular populations, I truly can’t help you.
    Do you actually think I had to Google any of my examples?

Last night someone in my city drove on the sidewalk while looking at their phone and killed 4 people out for a walk. Real story, actually happened. That driver deserves to be punished, they are a piece of shit and they are completely responsible for the death of 4 people. They should not be charged with first degree murder. First degree murder is a classification for a reason, it has specifics. They should be charged with manslaughter. The nuance of what they did vs what someone who intentionally plans to kills someone does, is important. You completely disregard the difference between premeditated murder and manslaughter if you just call all killings murder.

This is not a genocide. The term genocide does not exist to describe when a government leader through neglecting a threat and general incompetence results in a viral outbreak that kills more people than it ever needed to, no matter how responsible they are. For it to be genocide there needs to be systematic and targeting killing, not just a shifty system not properly set up for an outside threat. Trump didn't make this virus, the moron probably actually thought it was a hoax at first because he's actually that stupid, and now many people in our country are actively working to try and save lives. The exact opposite of what a genocide is. Name a genocide where the power conducting the genocide was actively providing financial aid and working to stop it's own genocide. It's happened none times. Zero. Never. If this were a genocide there would be no CARES Act, there'd be no extra ventilator production, there would be no school closurea, social distancing guidelines, masks, anything. The government as a whole actively working to save lives is as not a genocide as you get.

Them sucking at it is a real problem.

I have said over and over that blood is on Trumps hands, I don't see anyone arguing otherwise. However, he is not literally Hitler.

But if you want to talk googling, there's a zero percent chance this page ever lists Covid-19 in the United States.
    Last edited by Opaque; 06 May 2020 at 11:27 PM.

8. Don’t sweat it bro. Lil miss is used to living in an academic echo chamber.

9. I don’t see how you can look at how America leadership has grossly mishandled this, housing a quarter of the outbreak so far, more dead than the Vietnam War, record highs on the stock market, 20% unemployment, and shrug your shoulders “oh well thems the breaks”. Good thing since new cases in New York City are hitting a stable rate, they’re gonna give me back some freedoms to go get a manicure.

I know it’s TNL so we gotta argue about definitions, but don’t this deserve more than voting blue in hopes we get a different jackass behind the podium next year? Are we still pretending like this is going to be forgotten about over summer? What is Biden even doing these days to show he can lead in a time of crisis?
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

10. He ate his oatmeal this morning and barely got any on his shirt.