Page 8 of 968 FirstFirst ... 46789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. If we're playing the historical determinism game, why not instead blame any of the enlightenment thinkers who saw government as an intrusion on man's natural state? Why not blame the regular olé liberalism on which America was built?

Rousseau, "The Social Contract" - Government is only good for punishing people who take our property.

Malthus, "Theory of Population" - Stop feeding poor people because they just make poor babies that we have to feed until we run out of food.

Smith, "The Wealth of Nations" - Markets don't need to be regulated by people because they're already regulated by invisible hands, dog.

All of which influenced On the Origin of Species and misreadings thereof. If one book ended the planet, it was probably that one.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 14 Nov 2016 at 11:25 AM.

My post had a bit of hyperbole in it. I meant the problems we currently face that are going to kill us all.

3. Uh-oh

Did you not watch the video I posted with the guy getting his hands, face, and head hacked off with a box cutter? Humans have a remarkable ability to survive those of us in developed nations often take for granted. No shitty political ideology will kill us all. Just most of us, the rest will storm down the fury road removing faces with box cutters!
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Those people are insane. Most people aren't going to waste their time with that kind of extra work even if they kill.

And humans have a natural desire to avoid corpses and similar to help avoid sickness.

5. For whatever reason, that read a lot like "If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down."

6. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    olé
    Olé!
    Boo, Hiss.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    For whatever reason, that read a lot like "If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down."
    Are you trying to tell us something? When you get angry at people, you think about killing them in long drawn out ways?

8. How bold of you two, in the Trump thread!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Are you trying to tell us something? When you get angry at people, you think about killing them in long drawn out ways?
    I'll see you after work.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Assholes with assburgers

And stupid shit like not knowing education is as important as fucking roads.
    the emphasis on gun and drug freedom over actual issues (personal responsibility to be a knowledgable, informed, invaluable pillar of society) is usually what gets me. I'm sort of a theoretical objectivist, I truly believe that there are Randian concepts that are brilliant - but as in Marxism/communism being enacted, when it's turned over to the people, it falls apart completely. When joe normal working in his government or union position tries to assert his objectivist roots and responsibilities, I can't help but laugh. A literal dichotomy! The true Randian heroes we have in America right now are rap stars: men who started from nothing and became famous millionaires who guide cultural happenings with ease, who don't compromise their beliefs or forget their roots. But, of course, they are black so "true" objectivists are terrified of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread