Page 939 of 968 FirstFirst ... 925935937938939940941943953 ... LastLast
Results 9,381 to 9,390 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    Best news I've heard all day. Your attitude completely sucks.

TNL2? Invite only I guess. The Next Leftist. Have fun listening to viewpoints that only affirm your own instead of challenging you to ask questions.
    I've always been fiscally and world diplomatically conservative while being socially liberal, and I can say that you're not really challenging anyone.

Whataboutism isnt helpful. It reads like derailment.

What if you wanted to talk about your daily life and we met it with only comments about things other people did and didnt directly engage you. Wouldn't you feel ignored?

Comparing Presidents to past Presidents has been an ongoing thing since Washington. True story. I'm not certain we've had a good President since Clinton's first term. Probably not.
    The dialog has never been like it is now. You would think people were rednecks arguing about their fav fighting rooster.

3. Whataboitism is the result of hypocrisy in politics. That’s what they’re trying to address.

How do you suggest confronting hypocrisy without bringing up where the rules didn’t apply when it was their team?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Addressing 10 year old hypocrisy isnt on the table anymore than addressing 2000 year old hypocrisy.

5. I don’t think it works that way.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...judge-n1150586
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

I have my doubts Russia and the US have sat on their hands since 1945, saying "but what about the nazis?"

In your example, no one said that. Everyone moved on while small investigation teams tracked down lost SS members.

So let's do that. Let's focus on the problems of today and some small investigation team can put Hillary in Jail when she is 86. And maybe, just maybe, something will actually be fixed.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I've always been fiscally and world diplomatically conservative while being socially liberal, and I can say that you're not really challenging anyone.

Whataboutism isnt helpful. It reads like derailment.
    Ah, but it isn't Whataboutism. See, I'm not derailing the argument or denying that it occurred, I'm merely asking that justice be meted out fairly and that criticisms remain consistent across the board - and that can be from 2014 or in the last few weeks and I've used examples from both periods of time. Be that Biden, Pelosi, Schumer, or even Obama. I haven't defended Trump but I have posed questions as to why the rhetoric that surrounds Trumps actions aren't applied similarly to others and their actions. I think that's a fair point to make and it's not denying that the Trump Presidency has serious issues. It does.

And, for what it's worth, I think we're around the same centric - fiscal/diplomatically conservative and socially liberal. I think the last "good" Republican President was probably Reagan. Last Democrat Clinton, first term. And a whole lot of mediocrity to flat out awful since.

Asking someone you're discussing issues with to be consistent, or asking if they have been, isn't whataboutism at all. It's asking for fairness and equal application regardless of political affiliation.

It's amazing though how any pushback whatsoever results in being labeled "right-wing" and social media cancel culture. I actually think social media has begun setting humanity back culturally and socially and it might never recover.

People are entitled to their opinions but they used to get a whole lot less bent out of shape than they do now when views don't line up with their own.

Ah, but it isn't Whataboutism. See, I'm not derailing the argument or denying that it occurred, I'm merely asking that justice be meted out fairly and that criticisms remain consistent across the board - and that can be from 2014 or in the last few weeks and I've used examples from both periods of time. Be that Biden, Pelosi, Schumer, or even Obama. I haven't defended Trump but I have posed questions as to why the rhetoric that surrounds Trumps actions aren't applied similarly to others and their actions.
    Because the thread is for discussing the trump presidency and not naval gazing an assortment of things not related to it directly?

Would you also like to compare some random democrat to shitty things done by Taft or Jackson? Maybe post random memes? Cause I can get you some memes.

9. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    The longer this virus continues the more convinced I am that, as a whole, we just don't know what the fuck we're doing at all. Articles like Forbes are just a fucking joke. There's no way to know who was at the protests, for how long, had the virus, transmitted it there and elsewhere, etc... There were plenty of people protesting without masks and plenty of articles about masks being helpful to almost worthless.
    I think that if the protests truly were a catalyst, then you'd see spikes in those states that had them. Instead, the states that are spiraling out of control are the ones that opened way too early and didn't take precautions. Hell, Florida STILL doesn't require people to wear masks, and it's one of the states most hurting right now. People just don't seem to care about protocol. America's "you don't tell me what to do!" attitude has made us the epicenter of this disaster and the laughing stock of the civilized world.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Because the thread is for discussing the trump presidency and not naval gazing an assortment of things not related to it directly?

Would you also like to compare some random democrat to shitty things done by Taft or Jackson? Maybe post random memes? Cause I can get you some memes.
    I'm not sure why you're having a hard time with this. But, let's take an issue that's not a few years apart, but one currently existing. Trump has multiple sexual allegations against him. That angers Democrats, Republicans don't care. Biden has multiple racist allegations against him. That angers Republicans, Democrats don't care. Team cult of personality > team values.

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    America's "you don't tell me what to do!" attitude has made us the epicenter of this disaster and the laughing stock of the civilized world.
    I'm glad you're still claiming to be a part of the US. Trump should make you a state and win the PR GOP vote for a generation.

also this is related: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/c...243938657.html
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 02 Jul 2020 at 08:20 PM.