Page 963 of 968 FirstFirst ... 949959961962963964965967 ... LastLast
Results 9,621 to 9,630 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

  1. How can you call a protest peaceful when the protestors are loud and rude and say hurtful things?
    I'm so worried about those poor buildings I can barely sleep at night, and all these fireworks aren't helping matters.

  2. Loud and rude is just being an american.

    . Not so much.

  3. The burning of public buildings is symbolic of the protestorsí desire to go back to hunter-gatherer times before cities and governments and complexity and creativity. That shitís all hard and boring. Let me lay around and have slaves bring me food.


    The funniest part about this cartoon is it turned out to be the Democrats burning the cities.

    Click for full size
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 28 Jul 2020 at 05:57 PM.

  4. Need a compilation of these with NIN's Burn.

  5. Biden's back. Got a new slogan.

    Build Back Better.

    He's also got a new joke. You start a speech by welcoming people to the wrong place, looking confused, mumbling that you used to work there and then saying thats a joke.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I'm hearing a lot about "sentient property that can experience violence" and I just don't buy it.
    Is your argument property damage isnít violent? Because the definition of violence is behavior involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something. So thatís not correct. Something is vague on purpose.

    I support the violence rn because itís necessary for the type of reform desires (I donít think other towns wouldíve enacted it if they werenít paying attention). But Iím fully honest that it is violence.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 29 Jul 2020 at 01:51 PM.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Loud and rude is just being an american.

    . Not so much.



  8. I still have PTSD from my days working demolition. I've seen some things, man.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    That's the problem, isn't it? We've been huffing and puffing against China for years now, and here we are, unable and unwilling to protect our own people without turning to them. I thought Trump was going to bring all the factories back? Wasn't that one of the cornerstones of his campaign 4 years ago? Yet here we are, lamenting not being ready for something that people saw coming years ago. There is simply no excuse for not being prepared, and the time-worn excuse of "it's too expensive!" always seems to apply to everything that doesn't include shooting and bombing something.
    Actually, I'd say that's one of the few positive things about Trump's tenure - manufacturing jobs increasing and being tougher on China. Obama, Bush, etc... wanted nothing to do with reigning in that trade imbalance and I changed my life's work because of how pointless it was trying to compete with them given how uneven the playing field is. Has he done enough? Hard to say. There are a lot of forces fighting against him not the least of which is American corporations, China-sympathetic Reps and Senators, stockholders, etc... It's a really tangled web of shit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    May was two months ago. We certainly mobilized and deployed these fuckheads in record time, but we've been dealing with the virus for more than twice that long and the government can't even remain consistent on something as basic as masks. Shows where the priorities are. I agree that the violence doesn't help, but I don't think you can lump everyone together. Thousands of people weren't breaking shit all over the country; they were protesting peacefully. The percentage of dickheads breaking shit is really small compared to the sheer number of people who have marched and protested without violence. Of course, when you toss unidentified, paramilitary troops into the mix, you can't expect things to remain calm. The government has fucked up its response to this issue as badly as it has with COVID.
    What's "the government"? I mean, locally things are being handled a thousand different ways in different places and the Fed really has no jurisdiction other than Federal properties/matters. Peaceful protests are fine, but it's not a "small" problem if over 2000 police officers/national guard have been injured or killed in a couple of months. I feel bad for the citizens of places like Portland - I'd be looking to move ASAP if I lived there.


    Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    There has never been a free and objective press, ever. I'm am SO tired of the whining about it. Republicans whine but run to the press all the time. Dems too. I've yet to see assholes like Ben Shapiro, Joe Rogan, Michael Moore or others present a concept of a viable alternative to the evil, nasty press. Why? Because they NEED it and they know it. Yes, the press sucks, but cry me a fucking river about it while you're making money off of it or run to it so it can cover your rallies and movie premieres.
    Totally agree.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Is your argument property damage isn’t violent? Because the definition of violence is behavior involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something. So that’s not correct. Something is vague on purpose.

    I support the violence rn because it’s necessary for the type of reform desires (I don’t think other towns would’ve enacted it if they weren’t paying attention). But I’m fully honest that it is violence.
    I'd imagine you'd feel that way until it was YOUR property, person, or livelihood that was being fucked up.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Games.com logo