Page 893 of 968 FirstFirst ... 879889891892893894895897907 ... LastLast
Results 8,921 to 8,930 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Fucking seriously.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...my/2905990001/

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6912e2.htm
    11% death rate for 65-85.

No issue here though, everything is just totally hunky dory and normal.
    Here is Spain as if the end of April:

0 to 9 years old. 0.3%
    10 to 19 years old. 0.3%
    20 to 29 years old. 0.2%
    30 to 39 years old. 0.3%
    40 to 49 years old. 0.6%
    50 to 59 years old. 1.4%
    60 to 69 years old. 4.6%
    70 to 79 years old. 13.6%
    80 to 89 years old. 20.7%
    Over 90 years old. 21.2%

Is Spain also in a Genocide? Or maybe do the numbers point to people over 60 being significantly more at risk regardless of country or politics?

2. Here is a breakdown form John Hopkins that shows, amongst other things, case death rate overall.

The US has half the death rate of the UK, Italy, France, Belgium and almost half of Spain.

Are those countries in a super genocide?

No one said things are good. The term Pandemic already describes a horrible situation. It's not like things are either Genocide or Amazing, there's a lot of other possibilities.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    "what about"
    I love how this has become like playing Uzi in Rocks/Paper/Scissors as if predicating the idea of two things being similar on a history of similarity were some kind of logical fallacy.

Yes, what about. What about all these times--just off the top of my head--that Biden has been a de facto Republican. I'm saying "these things seem the same" and you're telling me "yeah, but all you're doing is providing a list of specific historical instances where these things behaved identically."

4. Let's simplify it: Any federal government that hasn't taken/doesn't take appropriate measures is doing it deliberately. You want to call that a genocide, fine. You don't want to, also fine.

The key point is that, in the United States, President Trump's & the Republicans' actions are directly responsible for some number of deaths well above what it would have been if even Joe fucking Exotic had somehow won in 2016. He didn't issue a federal stay-at-home order, there's no national rent/mortgage freeze for both small businesses and workers, a one-time check for not enough was hard fought when it should have been a slam dunk recurrence for [x] months, benefits for actual essential workers at grocery stores and hospitals and whatnot, the testing response was too late... the list goes on and on.

My governor's response is how Trump should have reacted. His response is commendable, as is the response of several other governors. But President Trump pretended it wasn't an issue so he could later say he was distracted by impeachment, pretended it wasn't as big of a deal as it is, and continues to pretend we've done a good job nationally when we haven't. Governor Kemp in Georgia, like Dunlap was saying, pretended he didn't know it could be transmitted by asymptomatic people. Those bad actions are currently having & will continue to have a negative effect on our ability to get through this.

77k at 3pm eastern time. I'm not a betting man but if we had an adult President, I'm sure that number would be low 20s. That's 50k deaths I'm more than confident are the direct faults of Trump, the Republican Senate, and assholes like Kemp/Patrick/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I love how this has become like playing Uzi in Rocks/Paper/Scissors as if predicating the idea of two things being similar on a history of similarity were some kind of logical fallacy.

Yes, what about. What about all these times--just off the top of my head--that Biden has been a de facto Republican. I'm saying "these things seem the same" and you're telling me "yeah, but all you're doing is providing a list of specific historical instances where these things behaved identically."
    Because it doesn't matter with regards to his current trajectory and also I truly don't care about him. And, too, look at it this way – I'm more than happy to be entirely wrong and for those things to matter & factor into a shitty Joe Biden Presidency where he does Republican stuff. Proves he was the dick everyone says he was. I don't have any skin in protecting him from that.

And, for clarification, you may actually care about those things. I think they sound disingenuous but please don't take my stance as invalidating your feelings.
    Last edited by Calliander; 07 May 2020 at 03:26 PM.

5. The Trump Presidency

Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Here is Spain as if the end of April:

0 to 9 years old. 0.3%
    10 to 19 years old. 0.3%
    20 to 29 years old. 0.2%
    30 to 39 years old. 0.3%
    40 to 49 years old. 0.6%
    50 to 59 years old. 1.4%
    60 to 69 years old. 4.6%
    70 to 79 years old. 13.6%
    80 to 89 years old. 20.7%
    Over 90 years old. 21.2%

Is Spain also in a Genocide? Or maybe do the numbers point to people over 60 being significantly more at risk regardless of country or politics?
    Not talking about Spain, don’t apply your “if this than that” nonsense here. Which is why I supported the stats with an article about an American leader calling for the sacrifice of the elderly.

Literally no one is talking about Spain in this thread. I have no idea what their political and economic situation is. I’m not qualified to analyze their news, politics, or media. I’m guessing you aren’t either, but who knows, maybe you’re live from Madrid rn. Since I don’t know anything about you.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

6. Joe Biden will be the roger goddell of politics. Old white meat shield to take up space. He'll pander hard, as he is right now and do whatever the Focus groups and DNC tell him to do.

He will bullshit and lie, as he always has. He'll be benign and he would be better than trump.

Joe's problem is talking and letting loose the legitimatly concerning Jomentia.

Quimby V Abe Simpson 2020.

7. My point would be that in a Pandemic, a nation with a lower death rate than other nations is logically doing more to meditate deaths, or is at least more successful at doing so, than other nations. We were dog shit at stopping the spread initially, but as a nation a lot has been done to save lives.

I would assume any nation using this Pandemic to execute a Genocide would see higher than average death rates compared to similar nations, not lower.If the US is actively trying to kill seniors right now, they're doing a poor job of it. Even Canada has a higher death rate than we do and people are praising Trudeau, not claiming a Canadian Genocide.

Most of our Deaths are actually from New York and I don't think Coumo is trying to hurt anyone. He seems to really care about taking care of his state, not killing them.
    Last edited by Opaque; 07 May 2020 at 04:00 PM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    And, for clarification, you may actually care about those things. I think they sound disingenuous but please don't take my stance as invalidating your feelings.
    Of course I do! Honestly, I just want someone to convince me to vote for Biden because I don't think I can convince myself. Not voting feels bad, but I will not vote for a Republican and, because of that list (and then some), I see only Republicans on the ballot...

9. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Honestly, I just want someone to convince me to vote for Biden because I don't think I can convince myself.
    Ah sorry, I realize now that's what you meant in your post. I obviously can't help you with it, I don't like the guy, I'm just extremely Orange Man Bad or TDS or whatever you wanna call it. MVS, however, put it quite well:

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Joe Biden will be the roger goddell of politics. Old white meat shield to take up space. He'll pander hard, as he is right now and do whatever the Focus groups and DNC tell him to do.
    That may not be good enough but it's the best you'll get w/him.

10. Fine robot. This will convince you Biden is the future.

https://youtu.be/acJrKgUCaw0