Page 481 of 968 FirstFirst ... 467477479480481482483485495 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,810 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. I CAN'T EVEN MISGENDER SOMEONE WITHOUT BEING POLITELY ASKED TO CALL THEM SOMETHING ELSE MAYBE THREE TIMES IN MY WHOLE FUCKIN LIFE.THE CLOCKS ARE STRIKIN' THIRTEEN, BOYS.

"Grandpa, why do we live in this wasteland? The video.records show so many amazing things"
    "I was worried about being fined for calling a dude the wrong word"
    "Wat"

3. "Just kidding, that was bullshit"

4. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Of all the things to worry about, y'all are sweating going to jail over gender pronouns.
    For some of us it's despecialized Star War, not pronouns.

5. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    All the bill you're talking about does is revise a 1990s anti-discrimination law to add the words "gender identity and expression" to the list of stuff against which you can't discriminate someone right alongside "colour, race, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, sexual orientation." To say it sends people to jail for calling a "they" a "she" is exactly the same as saying it sends people to jail for calling a Robert "Rob" when he prefers "Bob." Here's the bill.

Stop with this Info Wars-ass shit. Unless you're intentionally misgendering someone to needle them like Frog said, you're fine. None of this has ever affected any non-trans person at all in any way outside of internet nonsense. Of all the things to worry about, y'all are sweating going to jail over gender pronouns. Jesus.
    Yeah, this seems to be about discrimination by businesses, not about freedom of expression. Companies don't get to say whatever they want to employees or customers without repercussions. This is just making a "no trannies" sign for a storefront as illegal as a "no coloureds" sign.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I won't devolve this in to a gender pronoun thing, but this is a real thing up here now with the full force of the law behind it.
    The law only punishes people for using mis-gendering as a form of harassment in the workplace or public institutions. Nobody can be forced to use made up gibberish words.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    This isn't actually the case though. It's not male, female and other. It's male, female and 30+ others.
    But no, its not really. The other category just means "Gender neutral pronouns please." You don't have to be concerned with the particulars any more than that. They could be intersex, non-binary, assexual, genderfluid, and all that really matters is you call them "they." The particulars might matter to them, but there's no reason they'd have to really matter to you.

And yeah, I know some people have their made up pronouns or whatever, but no one uses them or ever will. It's like feminists writing "Womyn," or whatever. It's not catching on.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 14 Dec 2017 at 04:14 PM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    . It's like feminists righting "Womyn," or whatever.
    omg.

9. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    The law only punishes people for using mis-gendering as a form of harassment in the workplace or public institutions. Nobody can be forced to use made up gibberish words.
    Did you just say two different things?
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

10. Trump is spreading the blame for Moore's loss. He's saying it's Bannon's fault for urging him to support Moore? Trump had the choice not to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Parker & Josh Dawsey, Washington Post
    He called Jones to offer him congratulations and discuss areas where the two could work together.
    As for him working together with Trump, I would hope not.