Page 868 of 968 FirstFirst ... 854864866867868869870872882 ... LastLast
Results 8,671 to 8,680 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    The problem is the people can't seem to discuss different views of subjects without it evolving into a rhetoric driven over the top insult fest.
    You actually can. Just not with Americans.

2. Fuck you, you moose-fucking Canuck.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. I do enjoy a good rack
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. R.I.P. Bernie

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DNC.png 
Views:	189 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	81733  
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. So many people are like "making Biden the nomination is suicide" but Bernie couldn't even win the primary, why would they think he would stand a better change in the general?

6. It was always going to be nothing but bad options.
    I hope you're all ready for 4 more seasons of president fuckface.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    So many people are like "making Biden the nomination is suicide" but Bernie couldn't even win the primary, why would they think he would stand a better change in the general?
    It's because of who is going to turn out in November. Biden voters will vote for whoever the Dems put up. Bernie voters will be disenfranchised and stay home. Trump memers are more likely to swing for Bernie than Biden. Nobody is rallying behind Joe because he's leading, they're falling in line because their first choices already bowed out.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

8. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    So many people are like "making Biden the nomination is suicide" but Bernie couldn't even win the primary, why would they think he would stand a better change in the general?
    Because a lot of people like him and no one likes Biden, even the people that voted for him.

Most people that voted for Biden did so out of the belief that he was somehow more electable for being moderate, but polls show he has a fraction of the enthusiasm/favorability as even Clinton, who was a historically poor candidate. The moderate swing vote is a myth. It doesn't exist, but people's belief that it does led them to vote wrong.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    It's because of who is going to turn out in November. Biden voters will vote for whoever the Dems put up. Bernie voters will be disenfranchised and stay home. Trump memers are more likely to swing for Bernie than Biden. Nobody is rallying behind Joe because he's leading, they're falling in line because their first choices already bowed out.
    If what NPR has been reporting this last month is accurate, more voters have come out to vote in this primary than in 2016 but the youth vote and Bernie votes have dropped. So there's more momentum overall behind a democratic nominee than in 2016 and Bernie is less popular than he was even then.

I'm not saying that Biden is some awesome dude everyone chose first, but he's the most popular candidate the party has in terms of actually receiving votes so far.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I'm not saying that Biden is some awesome dude everyone chose first, but he's the most popular candidate the party has in terms of actually receiving votes so far.
    He isn't remotely popular. Even among people who VOTED FOR HIM in the primary, only 24% consider themselves "very enthusiastic." That's a fraction of what Hillary had, and she was a horrendous candidate with a huge enthusiasm gap.

No one likes Biden. Everyone just believed that OTHER PEOPLE liked him and that he was best positioned to beat Trump and voted for him because defeating Trump was their top priority. But that isn't actually true, and he will probably lose.