Page 6 of 968 FirstFirst ... 2456781020 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    short interview with trump since he was elected

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minut...-lesley-stahl/

He is such a confusing person. He's hiring all these borderline villains and here he is complementing Hillary, Bill and Obama.

WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR END GAME TRUMP
    Trump is a softbrain. He knows absolutely nothing about politics. He's letting Pence and the other republican establishment around him select these people because he has absolutely no idea how to do it on his own.

Trump will be the weakest president in history. He's just completely in over his head.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Trump is a softbrain. He knows absolutely nothing about politics. He's letting Pence and the other republican establishment around him select these people because he has absolutely no idea how to do it on his own.

Trump will be the weakest president in history. He's just completely in over his head.
    Can't let that happen. Good thing he is going up against someone who is super experienced, has the entire media on their side, and has hundreds of millions of dollars at their disposal.

3. That's what gave me peace of mind after three days of intense stomach-knotting worry over whether we were about to descend into full-blown fascism. Watching him flip-flop so quickly on Obamacare, I realized that while he may very clearly WANT to be a Putinesque strongman dictator, he lacks the force of will for it, to say nothing of the brains.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

4. Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts View Post
    That's what gave me peace of mind after three days of intense stomach-knotting worry over whether we were about to descend into full-blown fascism. Watching him flip-flop so quickly on Obamacare, I realized that while he may very clearly WANT to be a Putinesque strongman dictator, he lacks the force of will for it, to say nothing of the brains.
    Disagree. I think Obamacare is incredibly vulnerable. They control both houses of Congress and only need 51 votes in the Senate to kill it. If Congress gets a repeal bill written and passed then he will sign it. And they have written a LOT of repeal bills.

I don't know what form the repeal will be, what it keeps, etc. but it's not like he is the one who does all that.

5. What ultimately happens to Obamacare, which, yes, will be driven more by Congress than Trump, is immaterial to my point. Hell, if they put a repeal bill in front of him that fails to adequately replace it like he now says he wants and he signs it anyway, that just reinforces my point even more.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Disagree. I think Obamacare is incredibly vulnerable. They control both houses of Congress and only need 51 votes in the Senate to kill it. If Congress gets a repeal bill written and passed then he will sign it. And they have written a LOT of repeal bills.

I don't know what form the repeal will be, what it keeps, etc. but it's not like he is the one who does all that.
    He, theoretically, could veto, though. Like, if it doesn't keep the stuff he says he wants to keep and is serious about that.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post

Like I said, we won't have a president for four years. He will do whatever people tell him to. He doesn't really understand this shit.

And the people who most have his ear are pretty nefarious, so that's a scary proposition. But if the deck were stacked otherwise, it would be completely different.

8. The Trump Presidency

Ultimately whether it is actually him or its actually his surrogates doesn't really matter. Reagan was a vegetable for most of his second term (so was Wilson) and he was still head of state. For all intents and purposes, the "Trump Presidency" refers to the entire administration and bureaucracy.

Obama is not sitting there crafting clean air regulations, it's still on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    He, theoretically, could veto, though. Like, if it doesn't keep the stuff he says he wants to keep and is serious about that.
    He could but I don't think he will. He promised to do it and a lot of people in Congress want it done. If a bill is in front of him he will sign it.
    Last edited by Diff-chan; 13 Nov 2016 at 11:08 PM.

9. Point is, Putin doesn't waffle, and he sure as hell doesn't let his own party overrule him. If Trump does, we're fine. I mean don't get me wrong, we're still fucked, but in a business as usual way, not a death of the republic way.
    Last edited by Space Pirate Roberts; 13 Nov 2016 at 11:12 PM.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post

The most interesting bit of the 60 min piece is Melania's disapproval of angry tweets and the realization Ivanka is 10x a classier, well-spoken negotiator than Don Why did the DNC run someone who couldn't win against a man who can't even get a sentence out when he's angry? His temperament comes out when they get on the military stuff. I get it. The US has mangled the role of the military since Vietnam, but why can't he articulate how he'll do a better job?
    I have said this before and I will say it again: I have always been a fan of the Trump family. I think Ivanka is awesome, and Barron is about the darn cutest little thing I've seen in the world. I was enormously disappointed to hear Ivanka won't be involved with his presidency in this interview, I am quite fond of her and her husband both. If it was Ivanka up there rather than Trump himself, I would have no issue whatsoever.

He has no specific plans, the interview made that clear. I think we are going to be 100% at the mercy of a cabinet that is going to make a lot of lame, terrible decisions that probably won't go anywhere expect 1. War and 2. tanking the economy.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread