Page 628 of 968 FirstFirst ... 614624626627628629630632642 ... LastLast
Results 6,271 to 6,280 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Yep, things haven't been great in the past, but you probably should read up on some of the differences between the situations.

You won't though. We know why.

Oh hey, Ann Coulter is on Fox telling people that the kids being separated from their families in concentration camps are "crisis actors". CNN must do that too I guess. I missed those segments.

Even Sarah Fuckabee Sanders couldn't gather the courage to face the press today, and all she does is answer every question the same shitty way.
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 18 Jun 2018 at 05:48 PM.

2. "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

3. Yep, maybe you should read more.

4. From that article: At the time, the dramatic increase in the number of unaccompanied children arriving at the U.S.-Mexico border had "reached a crisis proportion" by June 2014, with a 90 percent surge in arrivals from 2013, according to Migration Policy.

That Migration Policy has a lot more info.

"According to the Border Patrol, apprehensions of unaccompanied children increased from 16,067 in fiscal year (FY) 2011 to 24,481 in FY 2012 and 38,833 in FY 2013. During the first eight months of FY 2014, 47,017 such children were apprehended by the Border Patrol. If the influx continues apace—and it shows no signs of slowing—the administration predicts that by the end of the fiscal year on September 30, totals could reach 90,000.

Ninety-eight percent of unaccompanied minors currently arriving at the border are from Honduras (28 percent), Mexico (25 percent), Guatemala (24 percent), and El Salvador (21 percent). This breakdown represents a significant shift: prior to 2012, more than 75 percent of UACs were from Mexico.

Importantly, unaccompanied minors who are Mexican are treated differently than those from countries non-contiguous to the United States: Nearly all Mexican children who are unaccompanied are quickly returned to Mexico."

Right now it isn't known how many kids were alone when they crossed the boarder this year.

5. I’ve pimped him several times on here, but Malcolm Gladwell’s last podcast concerned the Mexican border.
    Well worth a listen.

6. Give Doc a break, guys. It can be hard to follow the WH's stance on this. On any single day, they'll tell you that:

1. the policy is bad and needs to be changed, but the minority Democrats obstruct (despite Repubs controlling Congress and the WH and the fact that there's a bill in the Senate RIGHT NOW to change it that has the support of every Democrat but NOT A SINGLE Republican)
    2. It's the law and we must enforce the law
    3. It's Trump program, and he's proud of it
    4. There is no program (the Secretary of HS tweeted this YESTERDAY and then came out today and used talking point #2 instead.

7. Well, also it doesn't help that Fox is probably talking about the tarmac incident and some emails right now

How is one to ever get some news?!?!?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    People are passing this article around on Facebook as an Obama whataboutism without bothering to read beyond the headline. Don't be one of those people, Doc.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

9. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    People are passing this article around on Facebook as an Obama whataboutism without bothering to read beyond the headline.
    I think that's what I love most about this Bad Argument™ in particular.