Page 475 of 968 FirstFirst ... 461471473474475476477479489 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,750 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Or is that where the support comes from? They just hate the other party so much that they feel they need to support the one they dislike over the one they hate.
    Bingo. They are focused on what they don't like, and just assume if that's bad, the opposite must be good.

This is like 99% of the under-30 conservatives I meet. They're all dopey libertarian-leaning anti-PC trolls who just try to do the opposite of what the liberal social consensus of the millennial group is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    Because they weren't. He isn't wrong - shit's rigged.
    No one rigged the election in favor of Donald Fucking Trump. I mean life was kind of rigged in his favor, of course, but no one in the political establishment wanted him.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 13 Dec 2017 at 02:11 PM.

2. What about the russians?

Yes. What about them?

4. Yes. The Russians want a war with Nork.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Commie bastards.

6. Putin said they had nothing to do with it. He wouldn't lie.

8. I like Beck Bennett Putin more.

9. Wait, what? Who really wrote this one? It's impossible to see Trump taking it so well.
    And... Moore said he isn't conceding. He says "it's not over". Really? Whatever. Alabama said they don't want Moore shit. Karma got you, Roy. Accept your pathetic loss.

Quote Originally Posted by ElCapichan
    Don't get me wrong, I am happy that More lost, but it just goes to show you how willing people are to excuse horrible behavior just so their party gets elected.
    QIA. Still a win, but Moore should've lost by a bigger margin than 20715.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    This is like 99% of the under-30 conservatives I meet. They're all dopey libertarian-leaning anti-PC trolls who just try to do the opposite of what the liberal social consensus of the millennial group is.
    It's called pushback, and it exists because the "liberal social consensus of the millennial group" is saturated with identity politics and imaginary pronouns. Staging a mass campus temper tantrum to silence an opposing view is about as illiberal as it gets.

The "dopey libertarian" thing is just another example of the holier-than-thou bullshit that repels people who might otherwise be open to your ideas. Nobody likes to be talked down to, and that's especially true when you're under 30.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.