Page 365 of 968 FirstFirst ... 351361363364365366367369379 ... LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,650 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Never been a fan of "I don't agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it", because I'm not going to die for some dumb shit.

That's in the "the customer is always right" territory

If "the customer is always right" was in the Constitution, then you might not be "some dumb shit."

3. Other countries have hate speech laws and they seem to do OK. Much better than the US.

I'll bet they'd love to have you. Be careful though; I'll bet their hate speech laws apply to everyone.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 20 Aug 2017 at 04:10 PM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    If "the customer is always right" was in the Constitution, then you might not be "some dumb shit."
    You should reread the constitution then as what is says about free speech doesn't seem to be what you think it says.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

No matter how strictly or loosely you interpret it, it applies the same to all sides.

edit: Just like how the shops in Boston that had signs up that they wouldn't serve "Nazis" are absolutely no different than the bakery that wouldn't service a gay wedding. That freedom either exists or it doesn't. I believe I read that SCOTUS has decided to hear that case, so we'll know soon enough.

edit2: I personally find it hysterical that the "do whatever you want and get someone else to pay for it" party has been on the warpath to limit others' civil rights for months now.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 20 Aug 2017 at 04:19 PM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Other countries have hate speech laws and they seem to do OK. Much better than the US.
    You don't defeat nazi and fascism by enacting fascist laws. The only way to defeat that is to talk about it, which is why free speech is such an important piece of liberty.

There are major problems up here with regards to what can get you fined. Technically not calling someone by their preferred pronoun in Canada is a hate crime.

8. I find it scary that the party of that loves to bomb every country it can with freedom has been quite Neville Chamberlain-esque for months now when it comes to white supremacists and neo-Nazis. I wish I could say it was hysterical, but it's quite the opposite.
    Last edited by Melf; 20 Aug 2017 at 09:46 PM.

9. It's really bizarre seeing new anti-nazi propaganda all over the place these days.

10. Godwin's Law reached IRL.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt