Page 366 of 968 FirstFirst ... 352362364365366367368370380 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,660 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. It's a lot like the tobacco funded anti smoking ads everywhere. I just want a cigarette now where before I wasn't thinking about them at all.

Well played.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. Attached Images Attached Images
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

3. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    I find it scary that the party of that loves to bomb every country it can with freedom...
    This describes both parties.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    I find it scary that the party of that loves to bomb every country it can with freedom has been quite Neville Chamberlain-esque for months now when it comes to white supremacists and neo-Nazis. I wish I could say it was hysterical, but it's quite the opposite.
    Which party is that? I think you're describing the Obama administration, but maybe you're going back to Truman?

5. Yes yes, they are both similar, but only one side hasn't played the both sides over fucking nazis.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

6. True, the whole "bring self-determination" to other countries line definitely applies to both parties. It's a fucking joke and immensely hypocritical, and that falls on both groups; however, only one seems to be content with white supremacists and neo-nazis having a voice in it.

7. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Yes yes, they are both similar, but only one side hasn't played the both sides over fucking nazis.
    Probably because they aren't retarded ideologues.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

I think they both have a point. Only one side actually cares about enforcing laws (which is why the Executive Branch exists) and upholding the Constitution (which is why the Judicial Branch exists). It's hard to remember why the Legislative Branch exists these days.

edit: They should go take one of those political compass things again and be more honest about being autocrats this time, because that's what they're condoning.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 21 Aug 2017 at 08:49 AM.

9. A former coworker/ friend of mine keeps sharing a story on Facebook in which a local man is seen at the Charlottesville rally.

Remind me what the difference is between these zealots wanting to out and shutdown the things they don't like and the fundamentalist zealots wanting to out and shutdown the things they don't like.

10. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Yes yes, they are both similar, but only one side hasn't played the both sides over fucking nazis.
    Yes, Trumps reaction was inappropriate. It's still absurd to conflate the idea the party you like is much better because they bomb people BUT HATE NAZIS! Or ignore the fact that both parties support war as an economic mechanism.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    A former coworker/ friend of mine keeps sharing a story on Facebook in which a local man is seen at the Charlottesville rally.

Remind me what the difference is between these zealots wanting to out and shutdown the things they don't like and the fundamentalist zealots wanting to out and shutdown the things they don't like.
    There is a dissonance here. I mean the person was at the rally supporting it -- so why shouldn't they be required to live with those consequences at home?

The dissonance I have is... does getting a nazi fired for being there help? Or will it just give a nazi sympathizer less responsibility and more free time.

The Boston protests and counter-protests were well organized.