Page 921 of 968 FirstFirst ... 907917919920921922923925935 ... LastLast
Results 9,201 to 9,210 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    The police unions know damn well that half their members have no business being cops, and they're going to oppose any reform that draws attention to that.
    Body cams ideally should be used any time a cop interacts with a member of the public, but you can't trust them to turn it on. Having them on all the time is no good either, because even if battery and storage space aren't a concern, some people won't like the increased surveillance.
    My neighbor was involved in a thing in town a couple months back. Went national for a few days. Entire encounter is on youtube from his bodycam is on youtubes.

30 mins long or so. Saved him a loooooooot of trouble.

Make cops have malpractice like insurance to cover lawsuits and the like mandatory cams on and watch this shit minimize.

2. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    At least it will help dispel the "bad apple" myth cops are always leaning on. When the default response is to double down on being assholes, it's hard to deny that this shit is engrained in the culture.
    Cops should lean on this all day. The saying is "One bad apple spoils the bunch", and it's true. A bad apple releases ethylene, which regular ripe apples do as well to a certain extent, but a bad apple releases it in much greater amounts and causes the other apples in the bunch to overripen and go bad long before they would have otherwise. The "bad apple" is fine by me, because it very clearly states that some cops have been an influencing factor on the rest, destroying the entire department.

3. So, you’re saying we should implement the broken windows theory to cops and criminals alike?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. Guy. GUYS. Everything it going to be okay. Jared Kushner is going to fix policing!

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. I’m really impressed with AGNB commitment to journalism.

"Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

6. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Cops should lean on this all day. The saying is "One bad apple spoils the bunch", and it's true. A bad apple releases ethylene, which regular ripe apples do as well to a certain extent, but a bad apple releases it in much greater amounts and causes the other apples in the bunch to overripen and go bad long before they would have otherwise. The "bad apple" is fine by me, because it very clearly states that some cops have been an influencing factor on the rest, destroying the entire department.
    I don't where you're getting your information from, but that's not how the Jackson 5 song goes at all.

7. LOL @ everyone out here telling us about ethylene from bad apples now, as if the background of the saying that's being used to incorrectly defend cops is going to change anything. It's about as helpful as a bunch of congress people in Kente cloth kneeling for 9 minutes. (Sorry James, nothing against you personally, I've just seen it so many times and all it garners is a "meh" in response.)

A really good thing coming from these protests is exposing just how status quo the majority of Democrats are, and how many of them have gladly voted to hire more police and give them absurd budgets. I mean, Republicans are worse, but hopefully it helps to weed out the complicit Dems.

8. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I don't where you're getting your information from, but that's not how the Jackson 5 song goes at all.
    Ahem. Jackson 5?

9. So Trump tweeted this about the old man shoved and hospitalized by Buffalo cops:

"Buffalo protester shoved by Police could be an ANTIFA provocateur. 75 year old Martin Gugino was pushed away after appearing to scan police communications in order to black out the equipment. @OANN I watched, he fell harder than was pushed. Was aiming scanner. Could be a set up?"

Lows getting lower, etc. The level of irresponsibility Trump is displaying here is insane, even for him.

At this point, if certain TNLers can read that tweet and still be a proud Trump supporter, I just don't know what to say to you.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 09 Jun 2020 at 01:02 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

10. Trump people are either real quiet or just focusing on the left right now. His approval rating is tanking, lowest in years. And it stayed strong all through the Corona shit, all through impeachment. But to see a time where we need a leader and he is just acting like a heckler in a comedy club while the world burns... I think that's just really showing who he is to those that have been in denial.