Page 282 of 968 FirstFirst ... 268278280281282283284286296 ... LastLast
Results 2,811 to 2,820 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

I'd like to see some recent examples of restrictive legislation that deal with any of those at a federal level. While you search, keep in mind that not forcing someone else to pay is in no way a restriction and is in fact quite the opposite.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post

I guess if we just added universal healthcare without fixing anything else, yeah, it would be a drain. But if we fixed other things it would even out or be cheaper in the long run.

And you have to try now. You can't wait for perfection or for everything to line up. It lines up after the fact. Nothing is perfect starting.

That mindset is exactly what causes system failure. Why do we allow this on a national level when we don't on a less complex personal level? And I'm not talking perfection, I'm talking about 80%, just taking basic precautions.

If you saw a sixties Cessna Skyhawk sitting on a local runway and your Gulf War vet, crop dustin' buddy said, "Let's fly!"

Would you inspect the plane first, check the tires, the gas, the controls, and replace any gaskets or other weather proned items, or would you grab a tool box and tell your buddy, "Fire 'er up! I can fix anything on the way!"

Because you are suggesting the nation do the latter.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

3. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I'd like to see some recent examples of restrictive legislation that deal with any of those at a federal level. While you search, keep in mind that not forcing someone else to pay is in no way a restriction and is in fact quite the opposite.
    Here are some recent examples that a simple Google search produced:

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    The same Republican party that doesn't consider restricting a woman's uterus, restricting pot, or telling people who they can marry or sleep with, all at the national level, to be "grossly overstepping their bounds and trampling the states."
    Why don't we apply the same attitude about forcing people to pay for health care to churches? If we shouldn't be subsidizing health care, then surely we shouldn't be doing so for religion.

hey, you don't have uterus rights in the bill of rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    That mindset is exactly what causes system failure.
    You're just trolling now.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Would you inspect the plane first, check the tires, the gas, the controls, and replace any gaskets or other weather proned items, or would you grab a tool box and tell your buddy, "Fire 'er up! I can fix anything on the way!"

Because you are suggesting the nation do the latter.
    You're forgetting the part where the sixties Cessna Skyhawk lights on fire if you do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Here are some recent examples that a simple Google search produced:
    So you couldn't find any, because none of those links is legislation that restricts any of those things. Two of them are the opposite and are protecting actual rights (as opposed to made up ones) and/or liberties, and the third is enforcing existing laws by the Executive branch. I'm not surprised, because most of the efforts in the areas you mentioned have been done at the state level, where most things should be.

Why don't we apply the same attitude about forcing people to pay for health care to churches? If we shouldn't be subsidizing health care, then surely we shouldn't be doing so for religion.
    Are you talking about charity tax exempt status? There are lots of healthcare institutions that already have that status. I donate significantly to St. Jude Children's Hospital, which is one of them.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 24 Jul 2017 at 11:10 AM.

A very small function of churches is charity.

9. A blanket statement like that is akin to the welfare queen status.

10. I want a Cessna now. They cost $300k and I don't know how to fly. But I suppose I can get it on loan and learn as I go.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt