Page 283 of 968 FirstFirst ... 269279281282283284285287297 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,830 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Can you get one from Rent-A-Center?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I want a Cessna now. They cost $300k and I don't know how to fly. But I suppose I can get it on loan and learn as I go.
    The comparison remains dubious. People do do what you say with many kinds of vehicals. Like small boats, or jeeps or go karts. They even do it with cars and trucks in very low population.

For your comparison to work, healthcare needs a force that pulls on everyone and murders them if everything isn't perfect. To my knowledge healthcare does not have an element comparable to gravity. If anything, it is th opposite: people due while we do nothing.

3. Ok, Agriculture. Early civilizations, and even the dust bowl less than a century ago, got new technology and started running willie-nilly with it until the land was drained of nutrients and salty as shit. It ended the early civilizations and helped push us into a depression. If only we had took time to inspect the process and fix the issues, we could have prevented it. Why repeat that mistake with healthcare?

4. A lot of this boils down to rewarding the right behavior and preventing or mitigating loss.

A perfect government would maintain that at death, every citizens consumption - production = 0. When you are born, your production is 0 and consumption is 1. If you live a full life, you die at C=1, P=0. And between 25 and 35 your production should be 1 and consumption 0, with a decline ramping upward.

Model that or else you are just feeding the bears.

5. For republicans, that means Mama Welfare Queen won't receive unearned resources.
    For democrats, that means Daddy Biff Warbucks won't hoard unearned resources
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Ok, Agriculture. Early civilizations, and even the dust bowl less than a century ago, got new technology and started running willie-nilly with it until the land was drained of nutrients and salty as shit. It ended the early civilizations and helped push us into a depression. If only we had took time to inspect the process and fix the issues, we could have prevented it. Why repeat that mistake with healthcare?
    I suppose those people would have waited years to eat?

7. No. They would have grabbed some food from Bernie's Magical Bag of Resources, then had unprotected sex, popped out ten kids, then came back to Bernie's Magic Bag.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

8. Also:

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I suppose those people would have waited years to eat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    It is the other side of this credit want everything now system we've built. People are tired of it. They want to check out. They don't realize they could be like josh and just by less shit.

You are trolling so hard.

But I will not write you a book and flip out like this is 2005.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    So you couldn't find any, because none of those links is legislation that restricts any of those things. Two of them are the opposite and are protecting actual rights (as opposed to made up ones) and/or liberties, and the third is enforcing existing laws by the Executive branch. I'm not surprised, because most of the efforts in the areas you mentioned have been done at the state level, where most things should be.
    All of them are Republicans pushing an agenda at the national level. You're telling me the RNC doesn't support the efforts of states like NC to restrict abortion or LBTQ rights? All three of those would be national law if Repubs can make them happen. They're not national legislation despite Republican efforts, not because of them.

Are you talking about charity tax exempt status? There are lots of healthcare institutions that already have that status. I donate significantly to St. Jude Children's Hospital, which is one of them.
    I'm saying that it's funny how it's wrong to mandate healthcare, but it's ok for churches to live off the taxpayer's dime. Hospitals are something else, I think. Does St. Jude lobby lawmakers to further its religious agenda that would affect everyone while not paying taxes?