Page 284 of 968 FirstFirst ... 270280282283284285286288298 ... LastLast
Results 2,831 to 2,840 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    All of them are Republicans pushing an agenda at the national level. You're telling me the RNC doesn't support the efforts of states like NC to restrict abortion or LBTQ rights? All three of those would be national law if Repubs can make them happen. They're not national legislation despite Republican efforts, not because of them.
    What exactly is stopping the legislation from being introduced if your bullshit rhetoric has any truth to it?

I'm saying that it's funny how it's wrong to mandate healthcare, but it's ok for churches to live off the taxpayer's dime. Hospitals are something else, I think. Does St. Jude lobby lawmakers to further its religious agenda that would affect everyone while not paying taxes?
    I'm still missing your point here, and I'm pretty sure it's because you don't have one. Being tax exempt and living off the tax payer's dime are not even remotely the same thing, and there are definitely both hospital lobbies and religiously affiliated hospitals. Freedom of religion is also an actual right, as opposed to abortion, gay marriage, being a pothead, etc.

2. I like when people get all pissy if a politician prays or something dumb like that and scream SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE! And then bitch that churches are tax exempt. One is necessary for the other. Same way free speech needs to apply to everything in order to be worth anything.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    What exactly is stopping the legislation from being introduced if your bullshit rhetoric has any truth to it?
    Thus far? Hubris and utter incompetence, the same reason why they still can't pass healthcare after a decade and dozens of practice attempts in the House.

I'm still missing your point here, and I'm pretty sure it's because you don't have one. Being tax exempt and living off the tax payer's dime are not even remotely the same thing, and there are definitely both hospital lobbies and religiously affiliated hospitals.
    I'm not surprised you don't see the point. It doesn't coincide with yours.

My point is that there is a zealous protection of everything religious but not of healthcare. Somehow, one is vital to protect but not the other. Any idiot can start a church and get exemption but for some reason, a person's healthcare has to be something we need to evaluate at the state level and put all kinds of criteria to pass. There's a interesting lack of consistency to the logic applied. It's 2017, for fuck's sake. It's about time 'Murica made healthcare a priority and not a political football.

Freedom of religion is also an actual right, as opposed to abortion, gay marriage, being a pothead, etc.
    Abortion and gay marriage aren't a right? That's news.
    Last edited by Melf; 24 Jul 2017 at 10:58 PM.

Also, pot is probably a better treatment for a significant amount of problems that the shit we are fed by doctors. But I only have a shit ton of personal experience with it so what would I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Old white men weren't concerned with it so it isn't a right.

Rights are only real if someone thought to add them to the bill of rights. There will never be new rights, melf.

I wonder where the Yoshi's were when they freed nonwhites?

"Look, I love all you wonderful Africans and Jamaicans, etc, but you just don't have rights. I'm sorry."

7. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Life is a right, so abortion is illegal.
    Liberty is a right, so gay marriage is a right.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

8. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Freedom of religion is also an actual right, as opposed to abortion, gay marriage, being a pothead, etc.
    ba4e3bfd7110214416367ce090105237bd46d5b76a83ca5321d1eb3c49e687bd.jpg
    Boo, Hiss.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Also, pot is probably a better treatment for a significant amount of problems that the shit we are fed by doctors. But I only have a shit ton of personal experience with it so what would I know.
    Jeff Sessions would disagree. I mean, he's right, it's clear that cannabis is killing people by the thousands, not opiate habits that start with prescription pills.

10. Last edited by Dolemite; 25 Jul 2017 at 08:46 AM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww