Page 285 of 968 FirstFirst ... 271281283284285286287289299 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,850 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Seriously, this is the fucking President of the United States doing this.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. That speech was gold, Jerry.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Except in this episode, the Road Runner is headed off a cliff.
    And the coyote follows him off. Have you never seen a Road runner cartoon?

4. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Freedom of religion is also an actual right, as opposed to abortion, gay marriage, being a pothead, etc.
    And in a cruel evolution of necessity, it shouldn't be while the others should.

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Thus far? Hubris and utter incompetence, the same reason why they still can't pass healthcare after a decade and dozens of practice attempts in the House.
    Got it. So despite a decade and dozens of attempts at healthcare, they haven't even introduced bills about the issues you mentioned, even though you claim there is RNC support and an agenda being pushed. Seems logical.

My point is that there is a zealous protection of everything religious but not of healthcare. Somehow, one is vital to protect but not the other. Any idiot can start a church and get exemption but for some reason, a person's healthcare has to be something we need to evaluate at the state level and put all kinds of criteria to pass. There's a interesting lack of consistency to the logic applied. It's 2017, for fuck's sake. It's about time 'Murica made healthcare a priority and not a political football.
    It's almost as if one of those things is a Constitutional right that has been upheld over and over by SCOTUS, and the other isn't and was only upheld because it was a tax.

Abortion and gay marriage aren't a right? That's news.
    I'm sure it is... to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    And in a cruel evolution of necessity, it shouldn't be while the others should.
    I'm not sure how you separate speech and assembly from religion, so it most certainly should be.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I'm not sure how you separate speech and assembly from religion, so it most certainly should be.
    Believe dumb things, get persecuted.

But I understand that's just how I separate it, not anyone else.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Got it. So despite a decade and dozens of attempts at healthcare, they haven't even introduced bills about the issues you mentioned, even though you claim there is RNC support and an agenda being pushed
    Well, they can't complain about Obamacare for years and years and then do nothing. So do they like it? Or do they hate it but they're scared they lose their jobs by passing something no one likes? Because right now, it seems like they'd like to push their agenda but they can't because it sucks.
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 25 Jul 2017 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    Believe dumb things, get persecuted.
    I hope that applies to raising the minimum wage.

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Well, they can't complain about Obamacare for years and years and then do nothing. So do they like it? Or do they hate it but they're scared they lose their jobs by passing something no one likes? Because right now, it seems like they'd like to push their agenda but they can't because it sucks.
    I thought you were capable of making a better argument than Melf, especially since that doesn't take much.

How do you equate having very public votes on Obamacare and not even introducing a bill on Melf's issues? The facts are that those agendas are being pushed at the state level, where they belong, which is exactly where this pathetic debate started.

edit: I'm also not sure how the opposite of "do whatever you want and get somebody else to pay for it" is what sucks.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 25 Jul 2017 at 11:22 AM.

10. Religion, especially Islam, is seditious. Those are grounds for limiting free speech, are they not?