Page 286 of 968 FirstFirst ... 272282284285286287288290300 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,860 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I hope that applies to raising the minimum wage.
    I'm broad spectrum with it. Religion just happens to be the dumbest of the things.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Got it. So despite a decade and dozens of attempts at healthcare, they haven't even introduced bills about the issues you mentioned, even though you claim there is RNC support and an agenda being pushed. Seems logical.
    They've done nothing but applaud those attempts and you know it. It's not my fault that most Americans reject their outdated and puritan social agenda.

It's almost as if one of those things is a Constitutional right that has been upheld over and over by SCOTUS, and the other isn't and was only upheld because it was a tax.
    I know you think people are poor by choice and only hard-working 'Muricans deserve healthcare, but your party - once again - is on the wrong side of history. But then, it's been wrong for so long that they no longer know the difference.

I'm sure it is... to you.
    Dude, you just said:

Freedom of religion is also an actual right, as opposed to abortion, gay marriage, being a pothead, etc.
    And you can be as condescending as you want. It doesn't make your attempts to defend your train wreck of a party any less laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    They've done nothing but applaud those attempts and you know it. It's not my fault that most Americans reject their outdated and puritan social agenda.
    What does applauding have to do with anything? The entire point of the discussion was state's rights. The agenda is not being driven at a national level, because it shouldn't be.

I know you think people are poor by choice and only hard-working 'Muricans deserve healthcare, but your party - once again - is on the wrong side of history. But then, it's been wrong for so long that they no longer know the difference.
    I don't have a party. Most Republicans are far too liberal for my taste.

Dude, you just said:
    Yes, I did, and it's a fact. The word "right" actually means something, and it's not just that it isn't illegal.

4. My point was that Republicans at the national level have the same agenda as those at the state level, and they've tried to push it as such. The fact that they haven't introduced a specific legislation doesn't disprove that, particularly when they've spent the past 7 months repeatedly crashing and burning with healthcare. Once they've finished fucking over 22 million people for tax cuts, I expect them to push legislation to curtail the rights I mentioned above. Hell, they've already decided to defund Planned Parenthood in the budget, and they haven't even voted on that yet.

It's also ironic that the motion to proceed on taking away healthcare from millions of people will likely be cast by McCain, who just had surgery that most people can't afford without insurance and won't be covered once Trumpcare is law.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Yes, I did, and it's a fact. The word "right" actually means something, and it's not just that it isn't illegal.
    SCOTUS didn't affirm gay marriage as a right?
    Last edited by Melf; 25 Jul 2017 at 03:07 PM.

I think we're all well aware of what you expect. What I asked for was specific evidence, and you've failed to provide it.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I think we're all well aware of what you expect. What I asked for was specific evidence, and you've failed to provide it.
    I gave you an example of Congressional Republicans asking the President for an executive order that would curtail LBGTQ rights, but that's not a national agenda? Right.

I gave an example of Congressional Republicans planning to regulate a woman's uterus by cutting funding for PP, which would decrease access to birth control and result in more Medicaid births (something else they want to cut and which has already occurred in Texas), but that's not a national agenda? Right.

I gave you an example of the U.S. Attorney General asking Congress to allow the DOJ to use FEDERAL funds to prevent states from "implementing their own state laws that authorize the use, distribution, possesion, or cultivation of medical marijuana," something even Rand Paul opposes, but that's not a national agenda? Right.

Yes, you did, and none of those are examples of restrictive legislation. One is speculation about an Executive Branch action, which has not occurred. One is not making someone else pay the bill, which is in no way an infringement of any liberty. One is the Executive Branch enforcing existing laws, which is why it exists. I'm done wasting my time on this. You just want to spout bullshit talking points, even if they don't fit into the conversation.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Yes, you did, and none of those are examples of restrictive legislation. One is speculation about an Executive Branch action, which has not occurred. One is not making someone else pay the bill, which is in no way an infringement of any liberty. One is the Executive Branch enforcing existing laws, which is why it exists. I'm done wasting my time on this. You just want to spout bullshit talking points, even if they don't fit into the conversation.
    National agendas don't lead to legislation like healthcare, which proceeded today, and the budget? Ah-ha. Apparently, legit sources are now talking points, but spouting the same party line bullshit is objective. Lol, I can't wait to hear your weakass defense of your party in 2020.
    Last edited by Melf; 26 Jul 2017 at 08:13 AM.

9. Democracy is so over.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

10. Who killed your Socrates, Plato?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt