Page 291 of 968 FirstFirst ... 277287289290291292293295305 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,910 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Maybe we should all join for the healthcare if it's so fucking great and so easy to work there to get it.
    You definitely should. I hear the bosses there are super accepting of criticism from their employees.

3. "Trump seized on the announcement as a win in a key swing state, crowing that the deal wouldn't have been done "if I didn't get elected."

Suck my dick. They're there because of massive state subsidies. Same as Carrier.

The bids states put up to secure these types of deals are wild and often detrimental. Then shitheads like Curt Schilling have no problem accepting and lighting these corporate welfare handouts on fire while complaining about food stamps.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    You definitely should. I hear the bosses there are super accepting of criticism from their employees.
    1. I would hope they did not require it.
    2. Why am I not surprised you are for authoritarian management structures where bosses are not accountable to their staff?

5. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    "Trump seized on the announcement as a win in a key swing state, crowing that the deal wouldn't have been done "if I didn't get elected."

Suck my dick. They're there because of massive state subsidies. Same as Carrier.

The bids states put up to secure these types of deals are wild and often detrimental. Then shitheads like Curt Schilling have no problem accepting and lighting these corporate welfare handouts on fire while complaining about food stamps.
    Is this really a problem? They hire people who pay taxes.

Corporate taxes probably shouldn't exist. There are easier and better ways to extract money for the government's bottomless maw. There are tens of billions of dollars sitting in an Irish bank instead of in shareholders' wallets because Apple has made the totally logical decision to avoid that tax. That's what happens when taxes are high - people find out ways not to pay it.

Here['s NY Times making this argument, https://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/06/o...-tax.html?_r=0
    Last edited by Diff-chan; 26 Jul 2017 at 10:31 PM.

taxes would have to be pretty low before they wouldn't bother.

7. The Trump Presidency

It would be below the cost of avoidance, yes.

The problem is that $1 saved on tax translates to a $1 gained in a way that no capital investment or new product or new hire can.

8. Won't someone think of the shareholders?
    Boo, Hiss.

9. You say that like the alternative is building schools for poor children or feeding the homeless or something. It's not the alternative.

Well, he's not completely wrong. The tax code does need to be reformed.

If I work overseas I still have to pay taxes to the US. Americans often have to pay double taxes while overseas. I'm still not sure why corporations receive tax havens. If they are owned or ran by Americans, tax it or don't let the product in.