Page 19 of 968 FirstFirst ... 51517181920212333 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    So Mrs. Trump is apparently not going to move into the White House with her hubby, choosing instead to stay in New York to raise her son Barron. This of course is going to cause huge problems for the secret service who will have to cover her as well. I hope all those conservatives who decry government waste all the time can find their voice and demand that Mrs Trump not be protected if she's not going to live with POSOTUS.
    I get it - this is more about trying to have that 'gotcha' post, than discussing the merits/detriments of the Secret Service, its utility vs. waste and whether we genuinely need it, or need to overextend it, to protect these people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

2. All I'm getting from this is that Melania Trump is going to fuck up traffic in NYC for the next 8 months.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    So Mrs. Trump is apparently not going to move into the White House with her hubby, choosing instead to stay in New York to raise her son Barron. This of course is going to cause huge problems for the secret service who will have to cover her as well. I hope all those conservatives who decry government waste all the time can find their voice and demand that Mrs Trump not be protected if she's not going to live with POSOTUS.
    This is the other side of the "Why did Obama waste all that money on the ACA website? Godaddy is $60" coin.

4. All I want to know is, if Hillary would have won and she attended some event that other people had paid to see and if the entertainers happened to lean to the right politically and respectfully voiced their opinion on her politics would the left still be ok with it. If you can honestly say, no, they wouldn't have an issue with it- I'd think you're a fibber. So it really bugs me to see the hypocrisy- on both sides.

I've seen opinions from both sides about what happened. The cast did not say anything outright disrespectful. But they singled out a particular person in an auditorium full of people that did not pay money to maybe have their own political views called into question. (Does the cast assume everyone that comes to the show is leftist?) I was shocked to see that a couple of people in my feed that are theater actors were very much against what happened.

And it bugs me more than any of it that this diverted attention from the Trump U deal.

That is where I'm at. I don't give a shit about the white skull and theaters.

I'm more concerned that our new president just settled for 25 million in fraud. And he's going to write it off.

6. What difference does that settlement make at this point? There's no new revelation there. The numerous conflicts of interest are more concerning.

7. Why are the environmentally minded protesters burning tires?

8. Their own pollution never matters, only others.

9. The Trump Presidency

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    (Does the cast assume everyone that comes to the show is leftist?)
    Honestly? Yes. New York is in the "how could he have won nobody I know voted for him" zone.

I do find the singling out thing to be the big problem. Pence couldn't respond and he was surrounded by people who booed him previously (which is rheir right). It was an ambush. If the cast invited Pence backstage for a 15 minute chat where they said this... I think that would have been fantastic actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    And it bugs me more than any of it that this diverted attention from the Trump U deal.
    This is why you can't stump Trump. He always find a way to get people talking about the shit he wants them to talk about.

This is the sort of "out of touch elites" shit that propelled him to a win.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    All I want to know is, if Hillary would have won and she attended some event that other people had paid to see and if the entertainers happened to lean to the right politically and respectfully voiced their opinion on her politics would the left still be ok with it. If you can honestly say, no, they wouldn't have an issue with it- I'd think you're a fibber. So it really bugs me to see the hypocrisy- on both sides.
    They would probably raise a stink, but take into account what the equal and opposite right-leaning social causes are soliciting towards. If someone got on stage and said "please protect the sanctity of marriage against gays and bring God back into our schools," the shitstorm would be deserved because that's an inherently exclusionary request to many groups. The request here was purely inclusionary, if Pence pays more mind to the concerns of minorities and draws back on antagonizing their causes, what exactly is lost by the opposition?

I've seen opinions from both sides about what happened. The cast did not say anything outright disrespectful. But they singled out a particular person in an auditorium full of people that did not pay money to maybe have their own political views called into question. (Does the cast assume everyone that comes to the show is leftist?) I was shocked to see that a couple of people in my feed that are theater actors were very much against what happened.
    In the end, the furor would have died down quickly because Hillary, like any politician with some skin membrane and half a brain, would have offered a statement along the lines of "As an elected representative, I respect their right to advocate on behalf of their interests and I will do my best to find a way forward that will work for all Americans," rather than stoking the fire by blatantly mischaracterizing the tenor of their request and trying to pick a fight.