Page 137 of 968 FirstFirst ... 123133135136137138139141151 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Oh, and nuclear holocaust would be like no other.

2. Still better than Hillary.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

3. I really don't see how anyone could be much worse than this. Immortan Joe maybe?

4. You guys are being unreasonably hard on Trump. Every news paper and pundit told him he had no chance of winning and no one gave him any on the job training. He's just figuring it out.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    You guys are being unreasonably hard on Trump. Every news paper and pundit told him he had no chance of winning and no one gave him any on the job training. He's just figuring it out.
    As a human being I have some empathy for the guy. He's mentally ill, needs help, and is in the last place he could possibly get it. He's in way over his head, and is forced to undergo a greuling public humiliation in front of the entire world.

But that doesn't mean almost any politician in America wouldn't be better.

6. "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. I don't see how anyone could defend him after that shit show of a press conference today. It was utterly embarrassing.

8. lol!
    I agree with Frog again! I'm actually not entirely sure that he's mentally ill though, I think he's 70 and has been in a bubble of yes men for the past 50+ years and is just now learning how facets of the world works. And in a way, isn't that the most tragic? It's like Siddartha finding out that people die after his parents kept him locked up in a palace for his youth. Unfortunately, I somehow don't see him starting Buddhism, so I'm just waiting for the pressure to get too heavy until he implodes completely. He may not, he may slog through the next 4 years being mocked at every turn, but either way is fitting and acceptable to me.

The constant ego death is fun to watch tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

9. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    As a human being I have some empathy for the guy. He's mentally ill, needs help, and is in the last place he could possibly get it. He's in way over his head, and is forced to undergo a greuling public humiliation in front of the entire world.

But that doesn't mean almost any politician in America wouldn't be better.
    Being an asshole isn't a mental illness. If it were, half of TNL would be in a padded room.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    You guys are being unreasonably hard on Trump. Every news paper and pundit told him he had no chance of winning and no one gave him any on the job training. He's just figuring it out.
    Lol. Maybe don't run for the position then?

I perhaps couldn't do a better job but I could definitely act like an adult while fucking everything up and not having anything under control, at the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Being an asshole isn't a mental illness. If it were, half of TNL would be in a padded room.
    Should we tell him?