Page 884 of 968 FirstFirst ... 870880882883884885886888898 ... LastLast
Results 8,831 to 8,840 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    For the first time in my lifetime, I'm glad I don't live in the U.S. I really wish Trump had given PR to Denmark.
    Most of the U.S. wishes the same.

2. No wait. Scratch that. Most of the U.S. would wish that if they cared about PR at all.

Despacito is catchy, though.

3. Exactly. over 4 million U.S. citizens living in "territories" (codespeak for colonies) owned by the world's greatest democracy, and no one cares. Another example of why things are the way they are in the U.S.

4. A. This aint the worlds greatest democracy.

B. Its a republic.

C. The US doesnt want PR. You just happen to live near the US and get some Bennies and some detrements. You live in the grey area that most don't even know what you are.

D. Everytime you vote for statehood it's a lot like an incel voting on which hot actress to date.

The incel is like "I'd totally hit that."

And the actress is like "who?"

5. A. It's a country that constantly reminds everyone of freedom even while it has a half-dozen territories it doesn't want to deal with.

B. The US doesn't want to give up PR either. The grey area applies to the Virgin Islands, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, and American Samoa. It's pure hypocrisy. And the saddest part of each of you comments about the U.S. not caring, not knowing what we are, etc. is that you'd be in the same boat if you lived here because the discrimination stems from the limbo the U.S. has us in.

C. Every time we vote for statehood, the U.S. ignores it, just like it ignores the votes in D.C. and the Virgin Islands. It's more important to bring self-determination to Middle Eastern countries that don't ask for it than your own colonies, right? But again, whine some more about how you're stuck voting for either a douche or a turd. At least you get a vote to waste.

6. What are the Marshall Islands, then?

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    A. It's a country that constantly reminds everyone of freedom even while it has a half-dozen territories it doesn't want to deal with.

B. The US doesn't want to give up PR either. The grey area applies to the Virgin Islands, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, and American Samoa. It's pure hypocrisy. And the saddest part of each of you comments about the U.S. not caring, not knowing what we are, etc. is that you'd be in the same boat if you lived here because the discrimination stems from the limbo the U.S. has us in.

C. Every time we vote for statehood, the U.S. ignores it, just like it ignores the votes in D.C. and the Virgin Islands. It's more important to bring self-determination to Middle Eastern countries that don't ask for it than your own colonies, right? But again, whine some more about how you're stuck voting for either a douche or a turd. At least you get a vote to waste.
    Y'all just need to hide some oil under all that dirt. Then we'll State the shit out of you.

8. It's an associated republic. The last colony the U.S. actually followed through on with self-determination (after Cuba and the Philippines).

This is not mean to derail. It goes to my larger point of people in the U.S. not caring or not doing anything as the country sinks. The Age of Stupidity is what has allowed someone like Trump to get elected, the U.S. to look horrible in its COVID-19 measures compared to countries like South Korea and New Zealand. Colonialism in the 21st century is just another example of that stupidity. It's why voting for a 3rd party candidate this November is as useful as PR voting for statehood. The system doesn't care and no one wants to change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Y'all just need to hide some oil under all that dirt. Then we'll State the shit out of you.
    If oil were discovered here, we'd have statehood by the end of the decade.

9. Freedom for Melf!

"Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

10. Quote Originally Posted by Vasteel View Post
    You're claiming to understand it, but then using a solid blue-state voter as your example?

I do have 3rd option and here's a little nursery rhyme to help you understand: Fuck Red, Fuck Blue. if you're down with em, then fuck you too.

Democrats and Republicans are both the enemy.
    The game of power has been fuelled for generations by your juvenile idea of burning castles.

Edit: Actually upon reading more of your posts you’re pushing for a multiple party system which is much better idea than a political nihilism or anarchy.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 03 May 2020 at 03:50 PM.