Page 541 of 968 FirstFirst ... 527537539540541542543545555 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,410 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Trump is going 4 years pal. Come to terms with it.

Can’t stump.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

2. Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post
    Some of that would be his anti-Planned Parenthood & anti-LGBT stances, supporting The Wall, diverting public school money to private/religious school vouchers & trying to repeal Common Core, his stance on the NFL players' kneeling in protest, & his religious extremism.
    Trump is all this plus WWIII. In addition to schools, he wants to privatize highways and food assistance and do it fast. He's just a K-Groove Pence/Miller/Ratio 2 Kelly puppet mediated through an ego that might start a nuclear holocaust over Twitter. Pence wouldn't have thrown out either of those two pre-shutdown bipartisan budget bills that perpetuated DACA and contained no funds for The Wall. DACA would be safe under Pence.

3. If Trump makes it 4 years, America is done. Politics will just go Full Thunderdome, and the Empire will slowly collapse. His biggest threat is just cultural.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Trump is going 4 years pal. Come to terms with it.
    The best we can hope for is that his body gives up a few days into his second term.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    If Trump makes it 4 years, America is done.
    Spoiler alert, buddy: America's been done for a while. He'd never have been elected if we were still a viable country.

I wonder if assholes were saying that shit during the depression? Or that president that got stuck in tubs.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    If Trump makes it 4 years, America is done. Politics will just go Full Thunderdome, and the Empire will slowly collapse. His biggest threat is just cultural.
    Since he was voted in, it's in the best interest of American democratic order that he finishes out his term. He's just a really bad president though. History won't be kind to him.

Term limits, power limits, general partisonship... he won't be able to do infinite damage to the system. Droning on and on about tearing the system down because you don't like this candidate or his ideas is just pathologically wrong. Lets hope he goes 4 years (tops) and we can all move on with our lives.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 14 Feb 2018 at 11:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Since he was voted in, it's in the best interest of American democratic order that he finishes out his term. He's just a really bad president though. History won't be kind to him.

Term limits, power limits, general partisonship... he won't be able to do infinite damage to the system. Droning on and on about tearing the system down because you don't like this candidate or his ideas is just pathologically wrong. Lets hope he goes 4 years (tops) and we can all move on with our lives.
    One of those rare times I agree! He'll stay the 4 years, but in history books they are gonna skip over this period pretty hardcore. "A black president was elected in 2008, some taxes were collected, then a woman/gay/trans/jew/latinx/etc in 2020! yay!" He's just not going to do much of anything but make some annoying policy more annoying. However, I don't think the optimists who want to "reform the system" are necessarily wrong, they just have to not vote for trump again in 2020 if saint bernie doesn't make the nomination (hint: they will anyway.)
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

Bernie will be 80 in 2020. You'd be voting for the VP.

9. It would be more politically convenient to have him for four years, especially presiding over a blue/r House and Senate. Ousting him would invigorate the people who might otherwise sit November 2020 out. Gimme the whimper, not the bang.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    If [blank] makes it 4 years, America is done.
    It’s the Fucking Same Shit said every president, it’s only the team colors of the people saying it that change.