Page 863 of 968 FirstFirst ... 849859861862863864865867877 ... LastLast
Results 8,621 to 8,630 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I would wager a lot of people who voted for Trump did so knowing full well what they were getting into.
    I'd say the amount of people this is true for are statistically insignificant. Sure, some people want to watch the world burn, but most of them seriously overestimated at least some of his capacities, like his ability to learn or work with others.

2. If Trump re-opens everything in two weeks to salvage what's left of his precious economy and ends up getting people killed as a result, his supporters will still cling to him like Jesus. It'll all be Obama's fault.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Pretty much exactly this. I may have stepped over the line saying that Trump voters should get coronavirus and drop dead or calling them dimwits (even though some absolutely are), but there's NO arguing this point whatsoever.
    What point? We got people out here trying to flush their shirts and killing themselves with aquarium cleaner. I don't give a fuck if you picked the wrong government sportsball team, your voice isn't any more powerful than these other people.
    The people in charge aren't on your side, don't let them distract you into fighting each other.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

4. Also, it's not like we haven't thrown away our young men to protect economic interests. Why not throw away the elderly this time? Maybe they'd appreciate feeling useful.
    https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/s...129346050?s=20
    Tx Lt Gov Dan Patrick says grandparents would be willing to die to save the economy for their grandchildren
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

5. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    If Trump re-opens everything in two weeks to salvage what's left of his precious economy and ends up getting people killed as a result, his supporters will still cling to him like Jesus. It'll all be Obama's fault.
    That's not how this plays out. What happens is Trump re-opens everything hoping to salvage what's left of the economy, it gets totally out of fucking control, we shut down again, but this time there's nowhere left to go, no stimulus, and we just go into a depression. Trump is remembered as the dumbest man to ever live and children sing nursery rhymes about it for 200 years but we're all fucked anyway.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    Also, it's not like we haven't thrown away our young men to protect economic interests. Why not throw away the elderly this time? Maybe they'd appreciate feeling useful.
    https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/s...129346050?s=20
    Does he not know who created our shit economy in the first place?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post

If you voted for Trump, it doesn't mean you're stupid, and it doesn't make you a bad person, but it means you're an absolutely terrible judge of character.
    The problem in 2016 was that the candidate from the other side was just as bad as Trump was. Hence, no vote from me for either one. I still shake my head that those two were the best that these parties could come up with and 2020 looks about the same.

Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    I don't know - it's really an impossible situation. There are millions of poverty level and barely above poverty level people that live paycheck to paycheck that are already in serious trouble and can't afford this and certainly can't afford it for months on end. There's also the global implications of the largest economy in the world doing absolutely nothing that will impact millions if not over a billion people who are in even more poverty than we are. There's no right answer.
    Iguessilldie.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I would wager a lot of people who voted for Trump did so knowing full well what they were getting into.
    At the time I felt like either voting for skeletor or beast man. Beast man was evil and stupid but he felt less evil than skeletor and maybe his stupidity would make him harmless.

The past few years have shown that last part to be incorrect.

Also, this whataboutism is just stupid and pointless. You're not going to console a 7 year old when his grandmother is dying painfully with "well I'm sure it would be just as bad with Hillary"

It serves no other purpose than allowing adults to lick their wounded egos and sit on their hands.

When I was a little boy I would get spanked for defending my bad deeds with whataboutism and it might have been the best thing my dad ever did for me. How much further along we'd all be if that was a more common practice.