Page 897 of 968 FirstFirst ... 883893895896897898899901911 ... LastLast
Results 8,961 to 8,970 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    That liberals lamented Cuomo not being a presidential candidate while he watched his state turn into Mad Max is perplexing. Plenty of other blue states had much better responses. Why the gushing?
    Because of his stupid press conferences, the contrast they made in the media to Trumps rather rambling ones at the same time. Media commentators lapped it up and now hardly anyone bats an eye when he publicly admits to being surprised that 66% of people in a recent sampling contracted the virus sitting at home under lockdown. He's an incompetent leader who's getting the Guiliani treatment post 9-11, and now apparently is trying to push Bill Gates to be the czar of some hypothetical digital New York future where classrooms are obsolete. I'm generalizing I know, but the guy is a blowhard, I can't stand his press conferences (and this isn't even a political thing, I tend to vote democratic) and he's as MUCH of a blowhard Trump is.
    Commentaries and Opinions on Metal

2. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    You wanna buy me another pair of shoes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Get the fuck out of here with that Japan shit, Drew.
    Civilized nations (asia, nordics, most commonwealth etc) just don’t wear their outdoor shoes inside.

I just wanted to see if you have come around to civility. Just a couple of country bumpkins braying “Well I d’unt pee on muh hands!” when asked if they wash their hands with soap and water after using the washroom.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 10 May 2020 at 02:10 PM.

3. I take my shoes off, if I’m not going back outside. I’ve been spraying my shoes with anti-bacterial spray, before entering the house. Once I’m done outside, the shoes come off immediately after that.

4. Quote Originally Posted by station82o View Post
    Media commentators lapped it up and now hardly anyone bats an eye when he publicly admits to being surprised that 66% of people in a recent sampling contracted the virus sitting at home under lockdown.
    So you believe in ghost viruses.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Civilized nations (asia, nordics, most commonwealth etc) just don’t wear their outdoor shoes inside.

I just wanted to see if you have come around to civility. Just a couple of country bumpkins braying “Well I d’unt pee on muh hands!” when asked if they wash their hands with soap and water after using the washroom.
    We have a spot in america for the shoes by the door. We use it to store our freedom guns.

6. I think the virus is real and everyone needs to take it seriously when it comes to their own health, particularly if they have respiratory conditions or severe medical problems that extreme inflammation would exacerbate to a dangerous level. I just dont think any quarantines/lockdowns that went beyond the initial 2-4 week period ---- that were meant to slow the spread so medical supplies could be built up and delivered and to ensure hospitals wouldn't get overwhelmed ---- are going to succeed in doing anything but further crippling economies and ruining people's lives with job losses, financial peril, mental health problems, homelessness, etc etc. Not to mention the shockwaves that crippled economies of developed nations will have on the populations of developing nations who rely on external help with food/medicine/public health who will see that aid cut as a result.

New York City is a special case, because of its extreme population density, but that 66% of those sampled who were lockdown as much as possible still tested positive for the virus proves that there is no escaping the virus. No lockdown will work to bring infections to zero because we have no way of locking down every possible avenue of viral infection (ie grocery stores, hospitals, suppliers, gas stations still having to be open). Hypothetically the only way a lockdown could have achieved that is a synchronized lockdown of the entire country for a finite amount of time, and even then I don't think it would've worked because there are people who'd have to enforce that type of lockdown, which is impossible to achieve.

My point is that we're nearing mid-May now, and its becoming clear that as brutal as this virus has been in terms of impacting those most susceptible to its ill effects, its not nearly as deadly as ebola, there are not people keeling over the streets in plain sight, and hospital systems across the country clearly have the capacity to deal with the influx of any new patients and the supplies of PPE have greatly increased. For certain states to continue to stay locked down at this point makes absolutely no sense. It seems like some governors decided that "flatten the curve" meant to destroy the virus, but you can't achieve that. Since many of them are so keen on describing this situation in military terms ---- well, the virus won. China didn't let the world know on time, they allowed people to travel out of their country all over the world for months and months and its likely this thing was here as early as November/December/January. We're lucky that this Coronavirus isn't as deadly as say Ebola, which was able to be contained relatively early, but the Coronavirus is so damn infectious that there's simply nothing that will stop its spreading throughout the greater population. We ought to try not to devastate the financial capabilities of individuals, local/state governments, hospital systems, etc with lockdowns that make a terrible situation absolutely devastating. I'm sure mine is a minority opinion, I know, but this is the reality we're facing.
    Commentaries and Opinions on Metal

7. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Do Americans still insist on wearing their filthy outdoor shoes in their homes?
    You still wearing your filthy outdoor pants inside, cheeseball?

8. I don't disagree with that. I think there's only so far we can stretch the lockdown before it becomes catastrophic and if we are making use of that time to prepare that's one thing, but I don't really think we are at this point. I'm not convinced there's much avoiding the death at this point

9. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post

You are the most fake, full of utter bullshit poster on this site, you know that? You diminish this place. These smarmy pretend elite posts beg for a fucking boot on the back of your neck.

Unfunny bootleg Biff motherfucker.

10. Actually, do catfish have necks?