Page 947 of 968 FirstFirst ... 933943945946947948949951961 ... LastLast
Results 9,461 to 9,470 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    So, a long standing deterring nuclear proliferation treaty pledging defensive support we have with a sovereign nation is somehow less important than a region that has been in dispute for generations and isn't even a country? Got it. Thousands of Kurds died at the hands of Turkey in... 2015 when this conflict "officially" started. Did Obama do something about that?

This conversation is pointless - the Kurd/Turkey dispute is incredibly complicated and one action, or inaction, is terribly oversimplifying things. India/Pakistan, China/Hong Kong, China/Taiwan, Syria/Kurd/Turkey, Iran/Isreael, etc... are way to intricate to look at a single thing in any kind of context.

Ukraine, however, is pretty simple. We signed a treaty and wiped our ass with it when the bell rang and we refused to answer. It's pretty cut and dry.
    i guess we should give the right a free pass on anything teh democrats fucked up in anyway. Because being a hypocrite is worse than doing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    I feel that even with all the examples I could provide I'd still get an argument in her favor.

The Green New Deal bullshit.

The Amazon job mess in New York.

The fake crying at a fence image.

Dropping Bernie like a hot sack of shit the moment he didn't win the nomination.
    So supporting the environment and not turning the US into a desert or new beach front property is bad?

You really give a shit if NY got yet another super company? Would someone please think of NYC's lack of money.

Oh no, she cried at a fence.

Oh no, she stopped wasting money and time on Bernie adverts when he stopped running.

quick, where are my pearls and fainting couch?

3. She actually bailed on Bernie before the end of his campaign, over the Joe Rogan "endorsement" which I thought was completely bullshit, and is a fine example of what I don't like about her.

Wanting someone to pass a purity test on policy is idealistic, but wanting everyone who supports a candidate to pass that test is stupid, and it's why AOC, as much as I think she's on the right side of the issues, will never get anything done. She doesn't know how to build a larger coalition of even understand the value in it.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    i guess we should give the right a free pass on anything teh democrats fucked up in anyway. Because being a hypocrite is worse than doing wrong.
    I guess we shouldn't make sweeping generalizations gleaned from specific and narrowly focused arguments. No "free pass" from me re: the Kurds. We've been fucking them for years for no good reason.

5. The Green New Deal is about "supporting the environment"? What does that even mean?

At last count, the United States accounts for about 4.4% of the population of the entire world. So, unless the entire world gets on board with climate change the little that we do, or don't do, is positively meaningless. China, India, developing Middle East and African nations, Europe, greater Asia, etc... all need to make the commitment to change, to the exact same standards at the exact same time, that we do. Good luck waiting for that to happen. Humanity is reactive, not proactive, and positively lazy. It will be our undoing.

If you can't do it perfectly from day one, do nothing, huh?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    If you can't do it perfectly from day one, do nothing, huh?
    You've really nailed down making arguments on behalf of people that nobody ever made.

what do you think you're saying here?

Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    At last count, the United States accounts for about 4.4% of the population of the entire world. So, unless the entire world gets on board with climate change the little that we do, or don't do, is positively meaningless.

9. The green new deal, like the Paris Climate Accord, is toothless and aspirational. People that make it out to be some scary orwellian thing that will end air travel are buying into a lot of hype (as are people that think it will really ensure much gets done by itself)

10. I'd be happy to never fly again.