Page 78 of 968 FirstFirst ... 647476777879808292 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    In other news: No link to obit yet but my seventh friend from school died from heroin. By seventh, I mean seventh in less than a year. We talked about it before but I didn't really see anything specific from the President on this - does anyone know if there's any plan to address this or will it continue to be swept under the rug?
    That's horrible Calliander. Does the US have any harm minimisation strategies? Like methadone, naloxone, injection rooms or heroin maintenance?
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post
    Two words: utterly terrible. Trump does not behave in a presidential, professional manner. Other nations' presidents are probably scoffing at this clown. I bet Vladimir Putin is laughing himself to tears behind Trump's back. And the ACA being blasted out? Not cool. Let's not forget what Trump said about NATO.

If those who voted red this time wake up and smell the bullshit, he'll be out in 4 years. Eight years? Uh, Hell no. That's 8 years too long. Pence as President, Romney, or Kasich would have been lesser evils. The sooner we see a 46th Prez, the better. Impeachment would be nice, but who knows.

Given that Hilary had the popular vote, I feel that the next Democrat to see the Oval Office should chuck the old, stuffy Electoral College. When you vote for a president, you should do it as an American, not as a New Yorker, a Minnesotan, a Floridian, or whatever. The EC lets each side rest smug that certain areas will go to them. That's gotta stop.
    Gerrymandering is a bigger issue imo. Removing the EC just leads to cities ruling the country and making sweeping legislation that doesn't reflect the needs of all states. Removing the EC would just create more resentment and eventually get us another trump.

3. We have the same problem here. The damn rural elites' votes count for more than those of us poor city dwellers.

Some of them.

If we had kinder and/or more intelligent voters and gov officials either system would work. Instead we have a bunch of assholes on both sides that have been in a constant battle to oppress someone since the foundation of this country.

Guys I just want to drink a beer, smoke a blunt and take a cute black or Latin girl to my gay friends wedding and at the end shoot guns in the air to express our joy.

And yet both parties have been or still are downers on some of that.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 23 Jan 2017 at 09:59 AM.

5. Some of us dont want to have to deal with drunk, high people operating motor vehicles and then shooting guns off in public.
    How philistine of us.

Vida can drive me. But good job moving that goal post.

My freedom stops where you feel bad I guess.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Some of us dont want to have to deal with drunk, high people operating motor vehicles and then shooting guns off in public.
    How philistine of us.
    Shut up you cis scum?

But seriously, you understood what Cheeks was getting at, even if his sentence structure perhaps wasn't as well-considered as it should have been, ya smartass.

The post was not a defense of drunk driving by the way. You guys forget that I've lived in dry towns and counties. You know, areas where alcohol is banned because it makes old ladies feel bad.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 23 Jan 2017 at 11:20 AM.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Some of us dont want to have to deal with drunk, high people operating motor vehicles and then shooting guns off in public.
    How philistine of us.
    why do you hate freedom

10. I understand this:
    We live in a world in which abortion is the better option because people cant control themselves or be responsible. (it makes me mad that I have to qualify the statement by adding I am not refering to pregnancy due to rape, which should be a given).
    If our best solution to "people arent responsible" when it comes to pregnancy is termination of an innocent bystander, then what will be our best solution to it when it comes to drugs?

In a perfect world, I'm all for doing what you want with your own body. This world isnt perfect and often enough doing what you want with your own body affects others around you.
    All I'm saying is I can understand why peope dont want you drinking and highing and there's more to it than just trying to be a party pooper.