Page 715 of 968 FirstFirst ... 701711713714715716717719729 ... LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,150 of 9676

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    bad-faith arguments
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AgainstGame...s_a_bad_faith/

So, it’s a bbobb-faith argument?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    What's the axe shirt guy?
    Probably a fascist.

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    I'll agree with you to a point on this. I just feel things were less complicated back then compared to now. I love gaming today as much as back then but sometimes it's just stupid when I buy a new game, pop the disc in the system only to get greeted with a "Version Update" almost all the time. I'm old but I just miss being able to pop a game in, turn the power on and not having to go somewhere for 30 to 50 minutes before I can play. That's one factor but overall I do love how things have advanced in many aspects just so many negatives have come along with it at the same time.

And about GamerGate. I've never cared about it at all. I only half know what it is because I didn't give enough of a damn to read up on it. Anita tho is a person who just needs to stop injecting herself into gaming when she herself has 0 interest in it.

Yeah I remember this more then I cared to. To me back then he was just a joke of a person vying for attention with bullshit propaganda in an attempt to make himself look good. The thing is that a lot people take Anita and people like her very seriously.

God fucking dammit Yeller, This made me laugh harder then it should have!
    Old man yells at cloud. Yeah, change can suck. But you really shouldn't lump all of your anger at the changing clouds on anita. This shut was changing as far back as mortal kombat.

She isn't even unique so you can't really treat her like the apearhead. There 1000s of you tubers and click bate articles that make lazy and bad articles just to puss people off. They get views which make money.

And she isn't the first lazy game journalist. It's almost the standard now. I shouldn't have to remind you about all the history revisionism that happens around sonic and sega.

She's just another lazy gamer that probably had 8 games as a child that enjoys writing about games but can't be bothered to type things into google. She's both lazy, lacks experience and likes to talk. Just like just about every other gaming journalist on youtube.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    If you're writing paragraphs calling a woman who criticizes games a dumb bitch and painting a guy that trades in bad-faith arguments and frothing antagonism as the victim, you might care about Gamergate. You might, uh, actually be Gamergate, in fact.
    I doubt it but who knows or cares that much these days I mean you can label me what you want but I always more or less had my mind made up years ago before the internet gave it a term. Heck what's to say you might not be gamergate?

Truthfully you are right Ironplant that it's not just Anita as she's a part of the mess.

One factor I realized a long time ago that people as time has progressed have a short attention span when it comes to reading shit online. From what you said just now Bacon, you sound like one of those people who can't be bothered to read more then a few sentences before you get bored and move onto something else.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 20 Sep 2018 at 08:45 AM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

5. I am gamergate.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I am gamergate.
    No, you're just a strange old man.

7. Do you like soft things?

8. I <3 tofu.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Do you like soft things?
    Thanks man, I was enjoying a burrito for breakfast...

10. I don't think being put off by DLC makes someone a jerk and I also didn't read BK's thing about she-who-shall-not-be-named as blaming her for it. I stopped gaming before DLC became a thing so I don't know what the trends are but my guess, from the model that DLC implies, is that instead of getting a full game you now get pieces of one you have to pay incrementally for. That seems like a logical step if I'm thinking like a capitalist. I'll also bet there are plenty of full games that are enjoyable, and made more so by add-ons obtained as DLC. So.